March: Novel Ways to Give.


Oh March, you are a gift placed so gracefully on my palms. No matter how much I reflect, words would fail to capture the truest essence of what you were here to teach me— perhaps that is why it took me so long to write this down. I didn’t quite know the whereabouts of a beautiful starting point, but I’ll just do it anyway.

My intention was to give. Give with abundance, grace and unconditional love. Give with everything that I have within me, humble my spirit so much in order to connect with the deepest needs of the ones around me. Everyday was a manifestation of that, and it took me to places I never thought were possible.



Interactions with my learners were astoundingly fruitful for we worked together to heal deep conflicts in the classroom, connecting to our highest selves with constant reminders and effective communication. I connected to parents and collaborated with them to help their children get past difficulties at school, that had little to with academics. Leveraging the level of independence in the classroom, it gave us all opportunities to experiment with different approaches to learn, and it’s just a spellbinding sight to see my learners grow.


What’s more, I met my dearest companion in a setting akin to a daylight dream. We worked together on a little class at school and just seeing him give so boundlessly to my learners transformed something deep within me. Through our conversations and his presence, I discovered softness. I discovered the puzzle piece which eluded me all this time, plunging me into waters of guilt and pain. His presence shifted my spirit to wholeness with an unprecedented level of forgiveness. We also practised forgiveness so diligently, finding ways to forgive our mistakes every single week, and find the softest parts where love fits so perfectly. I was transformed by this, for there are many things I’ve done that I never truly forgave— now I’m undone, my fears have faded, and this liberation lifts me higher.


With this softness, I trod the ground so gently. Even my body feels different; lighter, more loving, more and more in tune with my truest nature. My shoulders and neck, which are usually so tense and tight, have somehow relaxed into a graceful position, with the prolonged moments of mindfulness and awareness.


I learned to fail and forgive myself for failing, and it’s perhaps the first time for me to do so. Not meeting my expectations was a little tough, yet this toughness thawed so swiftly by being soft and gentle with myself, reminding every part of my being that the ultimate lesson is always love— unconditional love and the opportunity to be one with all the splintered and flawed parts of who I am.

So, there. April is here and I wholly intend to bring forth even more softness and blissful thrills. More time for conscious intentions and beautifully-crafted dreams. More time to be reverent and leave no harm upon the steps I take towards my destiny.

Thank you, March love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a letter to my father.

Sitting With Myself.

a goodbye’s grief.

Enrapturing Highlights of 2023.

a letter you never read.