November: Some Lessons Learned.


Today, November is bidding us goodbye. The ethereal blue skies are emitting an everglow, the sunshine warm and soothing as winter sets in and colourises our hearts with a uniqueness so staggering and charming.


I always feel winter setting in this month. The skies get dusky purple and the sun rays more lenient and gentle. November means sweaters and mornings spent with fingers wrapped around a hot mug in the darkness. Perhaps that’s why I always feel unease in November, because it’s when I wake up to greet the morning and find the sky so dark and lonely, inflicting hostility in my heart. There were so many days this November where I felt questionably alone and lost just because of the late sunrises and having to head outside without the light and the stars twinkling so far away. But I tried my best to feel at home, even with the darkness.

November taught me a lot. It brought me inwards and allowed me to examine so much of what brings me and others down with self-imposed limits. For instance, I learned that I’m not very clear about my goals and visions in life because of the fear I ascribe to each and every one of them. I realised that I want to be of service, but at the same time, afraid to overwork myself and not be able to deliver value effectively. I want to do things differently but am terrified of failing and not being to accomplish anything. I found that I’m unable to let things go and want to control every single detail of my day, which is seemingly unhealthy and an imbalanced way to live.

I decided to talk to people I trust and they advised me to let go. They have told me to rewire my mind a bit and list the things I choose to do out of everything else as well as the reasons behind them. It made a significant difference on my disposition for I started reframing my intention. Finally, I started to work hard because I choose to do this— because Im passionate about what I’m doing. It brought me to life again after spending recurring days in anxiety and a little bit of fear.

Of course I find it hard to surrender. I find it hard to let go of the consequences of my decisions and expect to analyse every single detail of my life. There are things I believe in, but I always burden myself with the responsibility to do things right, but I’m human, and I make mistakes. I slip. I mess up. I’m not perfect.


November taught me to be more transparent and honest with others. I truly value authenticity when dealing with others and this month, I was guided towards it. I found myself establishing very beautiful relationships with others around me just by being authentic and direct. I even had to sometimes express my disapproval and assert my boundaries, which was truly empowering. It was an omen, which I regard as influential when it comes to something as important as dealing with people.

Another thing I experienced this November is my growing and ambitious dreams. I think, about a year ago, I wouldn’t have dreamed to be great in anything. I just wanted to make a difference and that’s it. However, my dreams have taken the turn towards being affluent in so many terms. I’m just very inspired by the idea of influence, as influential people truly change other people’s lives and the more influential they are, the bigger their impact. I truly want to receive that blessing. I’d love to somehow add value in so many people’s lives and receive value in return. How beautiful would that be? I’m so happy to be empowered by my visions.


In the end, November was slow and challenging, but I have learned through those challenges. I gained so many insights from my mistakes and sought support during times of weakness. There were bad days, but they always pass. They just do.

I’m so blessed to have been given the opportunity to live this November. Now, I’m just thrilled for December because it’s the last month of this year, and I’d love to fulfil all of the intentions I have set in January. I want to be able to look back and feel so fulfilled and whole about how everything unfolds.

What a blessing it is to be alive.

I hope you’ve had a beautiful November, and if not, then I hope you empower yourself enough to make December as beautiful as you want it to be.

Sending love your way!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a letter to my father.

Sitting With Myself.

a goodbye’s grief.

Enrapturing Highlights of 2023.

a letter you never read.