Let It Go


I learned to let go expectations of what is to come.

And by letting go, I mean truly living in the present moment and allowing my true identity to prosper and flourish as it extends to the dreams of the future, which are usually positively entwined with challenges and new beginnings. It is letting it go completely, that there is no room for a worrying notion; no space for it to weave in a new detail in the complexity of thoughts and plans. Not giving it a chance to grow and precipitate with time.

It is letting go of this urge to want what is not yet granted. It is making peace with the fact that loss is a token of strength to cope, adjust and see beyond the boundaries of the blessings still not bestowed upon me. It is replacing this enfeebling desire with wonder and calmness to accept the bundle of what future holds with steady hands and jaunty eyes.

Before I let go, I must understand what I am leaving behind. I need to listen to it wholly; to graciously know my reasons, to perceive the pain that comes along with accumulating fears and expectations. I must feel it within me, allow it to echo and then make a choice. It takes practice and elapsing time to make that choice willingly, with an open heart.

And now I am ready to take that choice, to let it go after I had felt the consequences of my expectations and how they conflict with reality. I am so at peace with not having to worry about it any longer, because I know I am mindful enough now to accept everything lovingly, to live each day as a dream, to make it a journey towards some place beautiful; where a heart earns love with every step as it receives observations, telling it stories about the splendour of life, where a mind is challenged to think and solve problems as they arise, where an existence is shifted towards changes that are embraced rather than furiously pushed away.

I let it go.

Even though I thought I'd be lost; I am not. I am securely surrounded by omens that keep me afloat. There are omens telling me that everything will be alright. Everything will be okay. Signs that are encouraging me to keep dreaming and setting intentions to be better and better everyday. To see those signs is inspiring, it paints a smile on my face, it makes me want to wake up tomorrow and see what happens. It makes me want to nourish my soul with wisdom and truth so that I am allowed to embrace the future with an unquestionable presence.

The future is only another day. It is temporary. It passes. There is an impact, but we can choose to make it reforming. We can choose to purify ourselves from the wrongdoings and keep on going, free from the rust, free from a tormenting ego, free from guilt settling in your chest, backfiring each time you want to express your humanity.

It is just another day, and it will make sense.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a letter to my father.

Sitting With Myself.

a goodbye’s grief.

Enrapturing Highlights of 2023.

a letter you never read.