Winter: A Spring In Action.


It’s only February, but I’ve got some enrapturing and heart-warming news to reveal: spring is coming, speeding towards this part of the Earth so swiftly, taking multiple steps at a time and I’m here with my arms spread wide, embracing it with all my might and love.

If you had read this blog last year, you would have known I love spring, and I consider it my friend more than anything else. In spring, I wouldn’t mind being alone every single day for the world is showing me things every measurable moment, little changes that speak so much, in terms of fresh colours and clairvoyance spreading out in the horizons.


The last few years, I’d ridiculously wait the whole winter in malaise, just wishing for spring— longing for that different shade of green, the mild sunlight, flowers blossoming and birds waking me up in the morning. However, it’s been really different this year and I’m rather in awe of how everything turned out. In retrospect, I have lived this winter in beautiful and balanced happiness, acceptance and in a quest for beauty, wherever it was lurking; even in those short short days and blinding fogs, November hazes and nipped sunrises. This made me forget all about what was waiting for me sometime in February, and spring stumbled across my path while walking on a beautiful morning a couple of days ago. Casually listening to music, I noticed a different shade against the blue sky, and approached it in curiosity. My heart opened up with a surge of excitement as I saw the young mulberry trees budding; releasing small leaflets glossed in shiny emeralds, with dry and hardened fruit. I couldn’t believe it all happened while I was still finding pleasure in winter, I didn’t believe it could come so effortlessly. I walked around more observantly and found the peach trees blossoming in flowers unnoticeable, all pink and white. I twirled around as no one saw me, returned home with a heart aching from joy.


This is not anything but a lesson to learn; winter is simply a spring in action. All what’s hidden beneath the layers of stiff xylems and barks are just processes and efforts being exerted to create beauty once more. In those dark times, plants as well as humans have the capability to prepare for something worthwhile, and it’s our decision to have faith that times of tribulations and bereavement are not there to torment us, but to reform our vision and keep us working tirelessly towards our aims and accompanied peace-of-heart.




The winters we shall go through in our lives are usually after a period of ignorance and stability, and one needs to be trialled every now and then to grow and thrive. How will we change if we remain in our levels? How shall we evolve and pass on? We have to whither and break, shatter and dissipate, lose sense of value— but work to get it back. And everything we do pays off in the end.

I’m so grateful for spring, and I’m thrilled to find out what it holds for me. Perhaps more growth and independence? More intentions coming to life? An abundance of gratitude and blessings acknowledged whole-heartedly?

May you all believe in the springs in your hearts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a letter to my father.

Sitting With Myself.

a goodbye’s grief.

Enrapturing Highlights of 2023.

a letter you never read.