Thoughts about Education.

I live in a country where the educational system is pretty screwed up. It's difficult, mainly based on memorising, equipped with crammed and filthy public schools with absolutely no decent teachers and even with the dose of hopelessness around, I'll forever argue and complain about it. Because it's unfair. Unfair that millions of students have to keep up with this carelessness and the inefficiency of our government and political system. Every time I think about those families that are in need for their children to grow and learn to gain skills needed for work and money, it saddens me. 30% of students actually drop out of high school here, most of them get abusive work to help their families and many choose the wrong paths that afflict our society. Adding to this, most of the children actually going to school have no idea what the curriculum is trying to aim at. It's hopeless.

Sometimes I just wonder about what's there I can do to fix things up, and how unfair it is for me to be blessed with a fairly respectable education while some students struggle everyday. I know that there are so many gifted, talented, suppressed potentials in many households, dreaming about a discovery, about a nobel prize, about a life worth living. It's since then, I critically considered teaching as my career path.

I love knowledge, and it's so difficult for me to choose a favourite subject because I practically fall in love with every single detail that I ever get to assimilate. Even though I fairly struggled with physics and calculus, but it always left me wonderstruck, wishing I had higher mental abilities to process that stuff. I loved everything I took. I enjoyed reading books about animals, mosses, human history and geography. I deepened my attachment to this world and all the fascinating information it beholds. Why not be one to pass it on?

I know I'm studying commerce right now, but I often think about taking a teaching course afterwards, or progressing in university to become a professor assistant and earn a master degree. I believe the only resource we should fully exploit is our mind. Our mind which can process many significant possible thoughts. And yes, possible. The possibilities around us are infinite as long as there is a future, as long as we create time by our energies.. I want to empower students to use their gifts, their potentials and dreams to live happier lives. I don't want them to be scientists or Nobel prize laureates, I want them to be merely fascinated, to be more aware of the wonders of what we are capable of, what the world is capable of. Schools here make us detest knowledge, hate how arduous it is to keep it in our minds till the exam days, then we forget it, tear the books up, and live careless lives afterwards. I want to change that. I can't wait to change that. It's something my intuition and my whole existence urges me to do. I want to be a teacher, a mentor, a tool for everlasting positive change.

Half of the time, I'm full of erratic thoughts that just randomly hoist my dreams. But I'm unguided, therefore those thoughts become merely subconscious artefacts. I have many ideas for papers to research on, places to explore and books to write but then I wake up the next day feeling that I can no longer utilise and translate them to reality.

I should focus on my coursework, and try to assimilate whatever I can, I know that what's meant to be, will be and that opportunities will reach out for me timely. I won't die a consumer and I want to courageously be able to promise the world that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a letter to my father.

Sitting With Myself.

a goodbye’s grief.

Enrapturing Highlights of 2023.

a letter you never read.