finally..

 


finally, you whimper. gazing into my eyes that night, stars above us a frequency I'd only dreamed of. the moonlight a halo so magnetic between our hearts, every minute away from your embrace an earthquake towards the tsunamic tides.

my words melt into you. those eyes I fell for eons ago. I could only breathe out, tears in my eyes, closeness a sacred prayer every breath of me makes. you hold my hand so gently, your heart racing, surrendering before me. finally, our love.

there's this thing between us. a gaze that lasts a lifetime, a lyric of unkempt apologies, sighs and 'i love you's buried deep between the bridges I burned between us. it didn't take long to hold it up again- just like that, it's here.

there are red roses blooming in my cheeks, wildly scented just for you. the fragrance of longing to be loved this much, with all your strength, with the fullest moon in your heart a light that soaks me whole. our breaths coalesce and the invisible strings that tied us together melt in the in-betweenness of what is: this moment. just us. 

there are so many 'finally's for me, too. finally, I can breathe in the air of being loved for who I am, wholly. not the brokenness. not the wounds. a breath of fresh air and renewal, that I can be all of that- a glimmering star and an ocean-deep mystery, so inscrutably out of reach but for your sailing ships.

finally, I am not too much. finally, I am blooming. finally, I am an ecstatic, dancing light that burns this whole world down. finally, I don't need to pretend to be someone I am not just to know how to love.

I broke you apart, let you down, and kept you on the sidelines, but you stayed. you knew me behind the facade of all my poetic fantasies. I come back crawling because there was never anyone else. always you, in the back of my mind. always you, the eyes that caught mine.

finally, the veil slips. something deep. something I could last a lifetime in. we keep coming for more, because it's never enough. a gift stored for hearts that selflessly make their way to the reckless climbs of it all.

finally, my love. there are no more words.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a letter to my father.

Sitting With Myself.

a goodbye’s grief.

Enrapturing Highlights of 2023.

a letter you never read.