with nothing between us.

 

 a few moments before the night falls diving into a summer-like restfulness and the ease of surrendering to the harvests of these futile doings, I meet you in that sacred space emanating from within my heart.

with the busyness of our days, I find myself longing to keep those temporary obstructions faded. all the preparations, one by one, paling just to see you. the true you— and nothing in between.  

all I long for is the sweetness of your gaze, my dearest one. the warmth sunshine of it. the intention of your service. the depth of desire to be needed to serve the flowering of a soul so closely tied to yours. and now I see that to be this intimate with the love willed by fate, one needs to take this path and all its worldliness, to dissolve its opaqueness just so that God’s light can be seen through all of its weight, too.

and dearest, my own opaqueness was also at stake. all the colours have dissolved and what’s left is a propensity for transparent lightness, just to see you. just to love you..

just to stand by your side one day and behold that sacred heartsong that ripples in your presence. the gentleness of silence. the dissolution of all doing for the infinitude of coalescing as one in the vastness of glimpsing something utterly divine.

you’re right, my dearest. whether it’s time, whether it’s not and whatever it takes, the invisible essentiality of our faith is inevitably what it is all about. the grandness of love. the blessing of witnessing it so closely.

I pray ever so dearly that in those timeless, ancient moments to come— it’s nothing between us. it’s the clarity to see in each other’s eyes. it’s to melt into each others paths in complete unknowingness. some broken believers lovers can be, dearest one.

I hold your hand, my eyes closed, my love. i thank you every moment of remembrance for surrendering it all to here.. 

you see me even with all these clouded obstructions. you see me in the smoke of not knowing how you could take my hand. 

you see me, and I do, too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a letter to my father.

Sitting With Myself.

a goodbye’s grief.

Enrapturing Highlights of 2023.

a letter you never read.