an everlasting silence.

 


Silence wraps itself around me, embracing me like a smile. Once, silence used to inflict me with so much toil, running around my head for words vast enough to express a fragment of what it feels like to be so small and so insignificant.

I used to speak too much: meaning, I’d judge too much. Spending hours day by day deciphering the hidden processes beyond speechlessness,

I’d break its sacredness trying to define it and lace it with a meaning too separate from the real thing.


Now I think silence binds me to temporal ordinariness; an acceptance that as long as I am still human, there will be oceans of love that I’d never be able to withstand enough to pause and depict. There are simply domains that were not meant to be exaggerated..


In silence, all judgements fade and there is more space for the soulfulness of perception. Despite the colours of spring, they’re much gentler and softer now, as if revering their heart-throb in eternal gratitude.


I, too, span the open spaces with silence now, for the loudest echo is God’s name.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a letter to my father.

Sitting With Myself.

a goodbye’s grief.

Enrapturing Highlights of 2023.

a letter you never read.