Summer's Serene Thrills.


Oh, how thrilled I am for the onset of summer! I don't know what has happened to me all of a sudden. As soon as May set in, it's like my childlike spirit came back to me, making me laugh in the rarest occasions, bubbling within me the most endearing excitement for the thought of a new day. It's quite beautiful. I'm so grateful for summer.



I attest that summer is not for much thinking. It's detestable to stay locked in my thoughts for a moment too long when the day is teeming with youthful energy and the heat is searing through the glass windows. It's a time to be one with everything. A time to experience, to sense, to live and laugh and love. It's a time to reduce the plans into flights of dreams so intricate that they land to the ground, to become practically sound and doable. With the longer days, I feel I have a variety of things to do, even when my day is packed. It's a time to get creative and loud with bold newness, no matter how silly it may be.




I've missed being excited about summer. I wasn't thrilled for two years in a row, due to difficult circumstances and adult-like voices that created an unbreakable wall of boundaries. I don't know how I was alive those two years. God, I detested having time to be free. I detested stillness. I was afraid of having nothing to do. Boredom was an enemy, even though I'm looking forward to being bored just to do something new with it. I leave those two years behind me now, deeply thankful for their lessons. I can now turn a new leaf and start anew, with a spirit so romantic and alive with youth.




It's the first time for me to work in the summer. Back when I was a part-timer, I used to stop working by mid-May, as it was the end of my contract. So, my summer days were basically spent studying, creating music, writing, practising endless sports and reading to my heart's content. This time, it will be different. I'll be working more than ever, with tutoring sessions every day of the week except for Fridays, which basically means I finish my working day at 7. I'm galvanized for that (I don't know how!). With the sun setting at that time, my energy levels would soar and I'd never feel the need to sleep. I imagine myself finishing work, preparing lessons for the next day and spending the last hours of the day doing relaxing activities, such as writing or reading heartwarming books. 




I'm also quite thrilled about the fruit season. Ah, fruits are scarce in winter. Summer is so abundant in terms of my favourite food on the entire planet. There are eight watermelons waiting on the living room floor to be devoured with gratitude. Also, lots of water to drink and ice to freeze. I can't wait for the peaches, apples and grapes to ripe so soon. I forget about so many things in summer and focus lightly on what brings peace to my heart, the sunlight helps me to remember what it is I must cultivate to sprout joy and love in my heart so that I keep on giving selflessly out of rich intentions. One more thing, I'm queerly excited to wake up so early in summer. Ah, I just love waking up at dawn, whilst the world is silent and still. I love waking up, rushing to the balcony to harvest my jasmines, spraying them, and sipping water while the sun bursts through the morning clouds and revs the engines of my life. 




I was talking to my sister today on the phone and we crafted so many summer dreams together. Despite the uncertainty, it is likely that I'll travel this year, but who knows. I have welcomed the notion of staying in Egypt with my whole heart and am ready to give love to every second of my day. While talking together, I realised how deeply bonded we are. I realised that there are things that she doesn't want to do without my presence and for some reason, I felt so much love for her. I pray that we reunite soon. I pray that we get to enrich one another's hearts with beautiful moments of togetherness, which I shall always cherish and appreciate. It broke my heart to hear her say, "I want you to teach me how to stop using my phone for so long." "I want you to teach me to make dreams for each month." "I want us to keep a notebook for all the beautiful memories." Alas, the bond we have cultivated is solely because of the wonderful memories.


I realised how beautiful sisterhood is. I was grateful all of a sudden for all forms of togetherness; in friendships, marriages, parenthood and companionships. It's true, there are many things in life that we put off for togetherness, which add a spectacular dimension, understood only when you see the spark in someone else's eyes, feel their heart pound with laughter and become electrified by love lightening up the timeless space between to souls entwined by so much gratitude. 



I'm immensely and incredibly grateful for summer. Its arrival was intense, packed in a heatwave and windless nights. Still, it's memorable and I personally had the time of my life chasing morning moons early in the morning and sitting down on friendly grass. It seems that I'll always be a spring-summer person, I can't favour one over the other. I hope to one day give back to my planet by spreading awareness on how beautiful it is, how deeply bonded we are with the cycles of nature. There is no way but to acknowledge the oneness that encompasses this beautiful world.


Have a serene summer!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a letter to my father.

Sitting With Myself.

a goodbye’s grief.

Enrapturing Highlights of 2023.

a letter you never read.