It's The Little Things.


All along, it was always about the little things.

Eyes waking up to a welcoming, loving beam of sunlight. The feeling of being at home, right where you belong. The taste of crystal water. The steam ascending from a warm tea in a mug caressed gently by your fingers.

It's the sound of footsteps in your home. The simple conversations in sleepy tones. It's the ideas to make the day a glimpse of heaven. Saying good morning to smiling passers-by. Walking with a dance in your step, eyes looking upwards to a clouded sky glimmering with beaming sunshine, or perhaps rain descending from monstrous, grey clouds.

It's always about the present moment, and never about the past or future. It's not about the next big thing; the restlessness, the hours spent constructing ways to escape, to get better, stronger, happier.

It's knowing that there is a bigger picture you're on your way towards, but there is no reason to rush it. Today is good as it is. 

Perhaps I am writing about this because there is very little array of little things today and many bigger things to look up to. Perhaps because there is a plummeting, clenching sensation in my chest which tells me I have to give up the little things in order to grasp the grandeur of the bigger picture. It's the notion that I am even considering letting go of the feeling that I'm at home, the journey of capturing beauty wherever I go, the feeling of being at peace just to attain success; the wonderful job opportunity, the maximum peak of growth, the opulent climb upwards.

But what if every cell of my body tells me not to give it up. What if the tears I have shed this very morning pleaded me not to let go of love, joy and peace? What if I am lost and scared, soaked and dripping in frustration about the uncertainty?

I have my very first job interview for a school which I have dreamed to work in, just in a few hours. A school which is right beside my home. A school that advocates holistic education. It all sounds so glamorous, doesn't it? I should be sparkling in joy and excitement. But, why did my intuition wake me up today and made me burst into tears?

I know why... because this doesn't feel right. Yet, I am going for it, since the universe put it in my way. I'm letting go of judgment, going with the flow, knowing I'll somehow find the signs which will guide me to where I truly belong, at the right time, and this pain will be gone because it went away before. I experienced sheer bliss and love before. I can get there again only when I find where I belong.

Till then, I will cry some more just to tell my heart that it may be right, but we have to go through this together to understand how we can make it to the other side.

Because on the other side, little things count. Little things build up to so many bigger things; in terms of love, joy, surrender and gratitude. Bigger things that may not seem too big, but they're strong enough to set the whole universe aglow.

The bigger things that start with a little loving heart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a letter to my father.

Sitting With Myself.

a goodbye’s grief.

Enrapturing Highlights of 2023.

a letter you never read.