You're Home.


There is a lonely place that I call my heart and it loves everything it sets its intention upon. This heart which endured years and years of fighting and surrendering, breaking and healing, experiencing magic, filling its gal with faith but then letting it go all again.

There is a lonely place which I call my heart that loves you tonight. It thinks of you and wonders whether the future will have enough space for both of us. I look back at myself and question whether I'm a jewel in your eyes. I wonder if you'd look into my heart and fight the way through the obstacles life will throw in our way. I wonder if you'll feel my hands in yours and have faith that we will go through this together instead of far apart.

This heart of mine is filled with question marks because it always wants to know, and once it does, it tries to find yet more questions to answer. Somehow, looking into your soul mystifies me with a deep mystery that I won't ever be intelligent enough to unravel unless you let yourself go, truly surrender, and crawl back to where you belong. 

And you take your time. I take mine, too. I take my time in silence looking up at the moon trying to weave in magic to the narratives in my head. I take time believing and truly loving myself. You sense this with the coldness you touch in my heart on some of those warm summer nights. You tell me what's wrong and I tell you that I'm only finding the right questions to answer.

You take your time to trust me, which is beautiful. You take your time surrendering. You take your time showing me how humanly imperfect you are beneath this glory, this success, this charming wit and ambition which never fails to captivate me.

You humanise me. You touch my cold heart and say that you're cold, too, and what once seemed like an inherent fatal flaw is now a simple ordinary beautiful thing, like the gap between two shining stars, perhaps too distant yet too ordinary from down below. You touch my insecurity and roll your eyes, planting love in my chest so that I can look into myself and see roses sprouting in my very reflection.

I look into you and see the person I want to become. You look into me and see your home. Dear, I would never tell you, but you are the one I would choose to be welcomed in my home.

Because I am your home, let me build myself right. I have this time, to focus, reach my peaks of inner beauty, and design the walls the way they were meant to be. This is a time to reconstruct what I choose for my life. I choose beauty, adventure, passion, peaks to reach, restless ambition, and slow nights immersed in gratitude and longing eyes gazing at a softly rising sun.

And when I'm ready, you'll have the key. You'll come to me effortlessly. There won't be resistance, no distance. I'll take care of myself for you. I'll honour my body and bless my soul, just so that it is a shrine shining with love, emitting a glamorous blaze into your life.

I'll have my question marks and I want to keep them. I want to look into your eyes and see nothing but a mystery. I don't want to know you. 

I don't need to. You're home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a letter to my father.

Sitting With Myself.

a goodbye’s grief.

Enrapturing Highlights of 2023.

a letter you never read.