Striving For Excellence.


By nature, I’m an idealist, which means, I direct my whole heart and mind towards an ideal in which morality, human rights, development and positive change is sustained. From a young age, I have constructed the world upon that ideal and chose to let it stay that way. I know many people who are idealists, and it’s such a pleasure to get to know them, for this is when our individual, unique visions click to further integrate our ideals and make them more meaningful and worthy of fighting for.

My idealism doesn’t mean I’m a perfectionist. Yes, I value hard work, but I do not ever focus on the results of work and effort. The process of creating something, understanding concepts and putting them into action is far more rewarding to me that achieving excellent results. So, I may exert a lot of effort understanding something deeply, but when it comes to the final execution, I may not do things perfectly. I keep the bigger picture in mind but the details always slip and ruin some of the finest fixtures that mean everything.


Just a few weeks ago— the bigger picture in mind, with my ideals hovering above me and dreams of a better world surging through my veins somehow immobilised me from striving for excellence. I focused too much on the bigger picture and didn’t realise that it is even the simplest thing that can get me there. I found myself not noticing minor details and trusting far too much that it will turn out fine.

I was mistaken.

Trust is essential, but it is meaningless if one does not actively seek the result in mind. It does not find itself manifesting rewarding circumstances if you do not energise yourself to work hard for something and reach out for what you have in mind. It could be luck at times, but it is never sustainable to keep at it.

I learned from that slip that striving for excellence is essential for my dreams to come true. I realised that every minor detail makes a difference; and if I falter in exerting effort for what I want, it will soon backfire and lead me not to catch up. Some things in life were meant to be fought for and sought diligently, with utmost focus and determination, and that’s the spirit which attracts perseverance, that eventually leads to a sprouting passion that never fails its bearer.


I realised that if I truly want to be an excellent educator and successful, inspiring, passionate leader in my community, then there are some things I need to start fighting for. There are those little things— diligent attitude, fierce rationality, grit and ambition, firm boundaries and a never-flailing passion that will get me there. If I ever choose to excuse myself from one of those determinants, then for sure it shall take me longer, when it could be all attained when foreordained.

It took me this week to recalibrate my mind. I’m not too young to do great things. I’m not under-educated or unqualified to start creating new systems from scratch. I’m not supposed to wait to graduate to start building programmes for my envisioned work. I don’t have to have three years of experience to already build a reputation. Every dream of mine already exists in the infinite realm of possibilities surrounding me, and I need just the energy to attract it into my life.

And so if I ever choose to drain my energy, then I drain and weaken my potential. If I ever choose to overlook some aspects I should be focusing on, their importance shall overlook me, too. It makes complete sense.


I am extremely grateful for this realisation. It’s not only significant relative to my life, but to all of us. If we desire success and freedom, then we need to intentionally seek those desires with our authentic actions. We need to let every single cell of our beings speak for what we want.

We need clarity, direction and purpose. We need to send clear messages to the universe. We need to be completely honest both inside and out when expressing what we would like to attract in our lives.

And as you slowly start, you will gain momentum. You will change your attitudes, beliefs and behaviours. You will start to act like that person who already has attained those ideals.

What else do we need but this feeling of wholeness and unity with our dreams? Nothing then is out of reach and all is in the hands of a higher intelligence that distributes its blessings and gifts fairly. All what we have to do then is to keep our palms open, ready to receive the blessings, because we have already done our part.

That’s the state I want to reach. I want to sleep every night knowing that I’ve done my part. I want to feel so fulfilled and whole till I am sure that nothing is missing, till I’m aware that I’ve done my best and heightened my awareness to encompass all paths that could lead me to where I would like to be.

In the end, it all starts with who you’d like to be. And if you know that, trust that your heart and mind will find ways to get you there.

Just trust that you have the potential to be the person you want to be. The rest is verily a journey; one of balance, hope, perseverance and patience.

A journey of excellence and reformation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a letter to my father.

Sitting With Myself.

a goodbye’s grief.

Enrapturing Highlights of 2023.

a letter you never read.