A Magical Evolution.


Just yesterday a friendly thought came to me and I was surprised at how oblivious I had been even though I am certain I was deeply aware of it before. I think sometimes, we instil ourselves with values and dreams but then go through something difficult and tend to totally forget who we were before. That’s basically something that occurred to me.

Last September, remembering very vividly, I decided to step outside to the world and be perfect. I had enough of being lenient and compassionate with my flaws so I thought to change my mindset a little. It was energising and drove me into a state of unstoppable ambition which reignited hidden potentials and dreams to be translated to reality. However, trying to constantly perfect myself in terms of hard work, professionalism and attitude tapped me into the mindset of focusing on what I lacked. Every single day, I’d go out there and think deeply on my mistakes, trying not to make them happen again. The thing is, I made mistakes. Every single day, I made newer ones and I was lost in that cycle of trying to determine where to start but was falling backwards each time.


I didn’t know what to do, honestly. Reading, learning, being confident did help but, they didn’t really transform me. I might have been quite confident on the outside working my way through at work, juggling many hustles at once, but on the inside, I was just insecure. I was analysing every single detail of what I was doing in order to bring more value and do things right. It didn’t work out, to be honest.

But as I mentioned, a friendly thought welcomed me just yesterday and it told me, while I was conversing with a companion of mine, that perhaps the greatest thing anyone can do is to project their strengths rather than weaknesses. It enlightened me and filled my heart with hope and love towards my being. Just imagine how different it would be if each one of us simply thought of what they can naturally do well and just go out there and show it to the world. Just imagine how much value it could deliver— how much abundance could be attracted and manifested into life, to create a difference only you can make by that unique combination of wonderful traits.

We all have weaknesses, and they will always show up, no matter what we do. This world is intricately balanced in every dimension and this pattern displays itself within us, too. We are that magical contrast of black and white, and to even think of wanting to eliminate the black is unreal, because it’s that contrast that homogenises us, makes us more human and earthly. It’s deeply beautiful.

I believe it would be transforming if you took a moment to be aware of the blessed human being you are, and try to point out what you are already magically doing that attracts more love and success into the world. By doing that, you are manifesting your strengths into reality, giving them permission to surface and show up so that you can truly display the best version of who we are.

And I just thought to myself, when was I last happiest and most fulfilled? I instantly remembered myself writing poetry, motivating learners around the school, and being passionate about whatever I was studying and generally doing. I remembered feeling most at peace when I was unconditionally giving love, support and significance to others around me and feeling it all reciprocate back to my world. I remember taking my ideals to a higher level and having this desire to help others and give back, and seeing those intentions manifest.



But it’s when I started to listening to voices that brought my down, telling me that I wasn’t good enough to be successful. Telling me that I was unintelligent, clumsy and absurdly different. I took some time and reconsidered what those voices were telling me and I thought— Well, they could be right. Maybe I have to change.

But it’s not true. Maybe I am unintelligent and clumsy. Maybe I am a little too weird and uncomfortable to be around but— maybe I can’t really change that. I tried to, I spent months just trying to, but it didn’t work. Now I see that only my strengths are what I should work on perfecting and growing, rather than erasing my imperfections and flaws.

We listen to those self-defeating voices because as humans, it’s how we evolved. Our minds are programmed to pay attention to threats in our environment in terms of negative cues in order to survive and try to overcome them in some way or another. It’s quite natural for us to focus on what we need to get better at in order to evolve and survive, but, it’s not like that. We don’t have to survive anymore, and there is nothing very humiliating about dying.



But living your whole life just trying to survive and get along won’t get this universe anywhere. It won’t allow you release the impact and the difference you can make inside of you. By allowing your magic to truly show and blossom is how you’ll attract those you who truly need you, and then you’ll be able to translate whatever vision your intuition holds.

I know it’s hard and I understand. Since we were young, we were so fixated upon what we do wrong. We are brought up that way, aren’t we? Do this, don’t do that. All of those orders and limits subconsciously make us believe that there is something wrong, that we aren’t doing right and we eventually grow up to believe that, too.

But think of your own children. Think of the generations to come. Would you want them to keep spiralling those limits further and further? Or would you want to spread empowerment and human significance in hope to turn things the right way? The world won’t be really changed, but the hope that it could is simply beautiful enough. It’s not misleading, not crazy. Just magical.

And maybe we just need more magic in our lives. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a letter to my father.

Sitting With Myself.

a goodbye’s grief.

Enrapturing Highlights of 2023.

a letter you never read.