She Can Fly Again.


She scrubbed him out of her skin,
And shed flowers instead of sin,
Yellow petals, one by one,
Shedding like a setting sun.
He was all that made her smile,
Kept her awake in long summer nights,
For a love like him was to stay,
Nearer and closer, everyday.
But soon distance evolved,
Into problems not yet solved,
It felt easier to stay away,
Such a lament is not for display.

Nights get shorter,
Bodies not warmer,
Dandelions in the spring,
Named by the melodies you sing,
And I waited for your voice,
You were an inevitable choice,
When choosing between,
Thrilling risk and tormenting fear,
But I’ve waited for so long,
Dearest, is there something wrong?

Anger crashes like a tide,
Haven’t we agreed not to hide?
Doubt, patience and a beating heart,
I’ve known it from the very start,
We were the magnets and the like-poles,
Now life is pulling us apart from our souls,
And as May swiftly rushes in,
With determination and the desire to win,
I immerse myself into a blue river,
A cold memory runs down like a shiver,
A love that once kept me awake,
Is sadly now a forsaken stake.

I’m shedding the flowers,
I’m a torrent of petals in this rain.
Freedom settles,
The lightness rattles,
Wings that can fly again.
I’m empty now,
But I’ve planted seeds,
Of pink roses,
That erupt in hope;
For it’s the kind of love,
I will carry wherever I go.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a letter to my father.

Sitting With Myself.

a goodbye’s grief.

Enrapturing Highlights of 2023.

a letter you never read.