Yesternight.


Of a broken heart, 
I slept yesternight. 
Lone and lust, up a hill. 
Lost my balance, 
Into smithereens, 
I turned and rose, 
Layers above. 
From down below, 
The winds were a breeze. 
They blew silently; 
The paleness in my cheeks, 
Rustling leaves, 
And paths, 
I trailed. 

Yet skyward, 
The winds are a torrent, 
Numbing me, 
Completely. 
And they take me, 
I thought I was lost, 
But what am I, 
Now? 

I learn to cope, 
To stay present. 
Feel the clouds, 
Glazed by sunsets, 
Toppling somewhere, 
Transforming a mindset.

I learn to rule, 
To lead, 
A kingdom in a realm, 
That tames me in my wildest scheme, 
That no one ever sees. 

Need not I you, 
For you give me nothing, 
Respect shall suffice, 
Your love is unnoticed. 
Reality sounds clearer, 
Resonating deeper. 
The purposes of achievers, 
Like ones before me, 
Shall be my symphony, 
Your wails I need not, 
Comprehend. 

Of a broken heart, 
I thrive tonight. 
In my bed I sleep, 
Winds airing my delights. 
Passions resurrecting, 
Persons I've dreamed, 
Of being.

As soon as you break free from the many yesterdays and nights, you shall verily redeem yourself.

Illustrated by the wonderful Nada M. Fahmi


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a letter to my father.

Sitting With Myself.

a goodbye’s grief.

Enrapturing Highlights of 2023.

a letter you never read.