Sunrise Stories.


The December sun rises almost too briefly. All at once, the warm yellow light embraces the buildings and the world is a little bit more charmed by a subtle glow, the kind that hits my eyes and makes me smile.

I tell myself that it’s been so long since I had taken the time to watch the sun. I have missed her dearly. I missed her sense of direction and safety that she always blesses me with. I missed her divergent colours at different angles and times of the day. Against all odds of having not much time, I walk out to the balcony and simply watch the ordinary come to life.

I remind myself that I haven’t been gentle with myself lately. I have been a waterfall of who I am, simply flowing and flowing powerfully, taking shape of the whole world as it is forced downwards to reality. I have been desiring change and trying new things out, when perhaps who I am is to settle down and be quite reactive to what surrounds me.

Reality is quite challenging, isn’t it? It makes us change in order to fit in, to do the things we are supposed to do. And then, when we change, we forget who we are. We forget the balanced essence that evokes beauty and peace from within us, and this is what we should pay attention to. This is what we have to gain in the very end.

I have let myself change. But now, I want to be who I am. I want the sun in my life, and I don’t want life to take her away.

I peck the sky lovingly and cuddle the light. I thank them infinitely for such a wonderful epiphany and go back to my room, to do the things I’m supposed to do.

Midst this all, there is still magic. A part of me will always want to find magic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a letter to my father.

Sitting With Myself.

a goodbye’s grief.

Enrapturing Highlights of 2023.

a letter you never read.