Sunrise Stories.


Here we are, by the sea, near our element that describes almost everything about our very own hearts. Our presence here is transcendent, as the echoes of the water flowing and ebbing by the shore resonate and calm us down, bring us to a certain truth that has always been there. And the stillness surrounding us suffices; it paints a smile across our cheeks, eyes closed and minds at ease.

Perhaps you don’t understand why I persist to watch the sun rising from the horizon every single day. Or maybe you do, you know that it’s something inherently sacred, a ritual that inspires and motivates me to bring liveliness into the mundane. A few moments ago, it was peacefully dark, it was quiet and persistent. Now, it’s a collision of colours and a celebration of vigour and hope— it’s a reminder I need every single day, not to take times of overwhelm and darkness for granted, to tolerate the weary ways down the hills of dreams and aspirations.

And you’re sitting next to me, your heart so alive with what you can see before you. It’s beautiful. It’s wonderful. The shapes of the water gently touching our toes show us how much creativity and value can be spread through our fingertips, through the motion we never cease to endure. We take everyday as it is. We are the augmented presence vibrating in our very own souls.

You’re here after you’ve taken your time. You’ve been around for so long, accompanying the cycle of my identity, disappearing in times of confusion and healing, appearing as compassion starts to thrive and take shape. And all of a sudden, just as soon as I learned the lesson of acceptance, you’re asking me if you could stay, for real. You’re asking if it’s possible that we share this journey together, now that we have got the map. You are listening to the whispers of love, wondering if you could ever learn how it would be like in reality.

I tell you that I’m here. I tell you that I’ve been here all along yet, I ask you to listen to your heart. I ask you to stay close to who you are and listen to the voice that guides you with a sanguine energy, towards the light, towards the horizon of endless possibilities, smeared with challenges to overcome, yet still it’s all true and destined.

I tell you to be at peace.

And here you are, after some time. I smile in acceptance, awaiting your answer, without expectations nor demand. I know that your answer is flawlessly aligned with what is right, because I know your values, I know your ideals. I know your confidence, yet there is still so much to discover.

You tell me you’ve never felt your heart so sure and a mind at peace with what it says. So, I trust you. I trust the oneness originating from your soul. I trust the genuine love, solely birthing from the one we hold inside us, and it is unbreakable. It’s strong and enduring.

You’re still watching the sun and so am I. Our hands entwine with a little bit of fear and exhilaration but it’s just another adventure. Just another journey. Should we slip, we are still whole. Should we make mistakes, we can still learn.

The sun transforms the sea before us into a glistening realm of illuminated ripple crests. We open our eyes and greet a reality finally defined by the decisions we’ve been longing to take for a long time.

Welcome home, my dear.

- the gifts we receive when we let go -

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a letter to my father.

Sitting With Myself.

a goodbye’s grief.

Enrapturing Highlights of 2023.

a letter you never read.