Sunrise Stories.


Layers within layers of indigo clouds, the light conceals itself, creating shadows that darken their insides. The air smells like damp earth and grass-dew, and there are residues of raindrops in the atmosphere, humidifying it with a warm transparent moisture.

And though the rain attempts to nourish us earthlings with richness accompanied by the gushing water streams and puddles, it seems to always make the world put a mask on. Though the rain is beautiful and kind, it hides it all with the magnitudes or darkness and stiffness. It takes effort to negate the judgement of my perception— to love the rain instead of despising what it shows on the outside.

Then I remember you. I remember the mask you tend to pull on the whole day; keeping your distance, dealing with the concrete facts, judging alternatives on what they are and completely forgetting to ask your heart where it lies.

Just like those clouds above hiding the blueness beneath it and nipping away the vivid colours of the realms far below, this is what you do. But they do not know that as soon as you realise you’ve made a difference, feel acknowledged and recognised for it, you pull your mask away and shine, revealing all of the beauty you’ve worked on creating for such a long time.

And I’m patient, dearest. I listen to your rains and watch the greyness of your clouds. I wait for you till you come home so that I could approve of all of your unwavering efforts and encourage the presence of your flaws— I quite know it’s what you need to somehow be understood.

And as we see the morning come to life, you wake with a smile, just as the rays of light pierce through the dense clouds, illuminating them one by one. The room once dim and sombre is now laughing in peachy hues, and so are you, with those vast oceans in your eyes and tall pines infusing freshness in your soul.

I need not anything more but to see that mask of yours fade every once in a while, so that I could see the truth in one of its many beautiful forms; your warmth, faith and gratitude.

May the light flood the beauty the rains have manifested. May it always be you who glistens through it all.

I’ll be there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a letter to my father.

Sitting With Myself.

a goodbye’s grief.

Enrapturing Highlights of 2023.

a letter you never read.