May: Towards The Sun.


A pleasant month, May had been. More precisely, I’d say it had been different in all aspects compared to the last. I’m proud of this realisation for it never crossed my mind that things could get exceptionally better.


The weather had been starkly splendid, and because spring arrived early this year, the trees are synchronised in their blossoming competition. The flame trees bloomed in fiery red, reminding me of safety and the process of grounding. This applies to both the pink and golden shower trees, too. You know what? The golden shower trees usually bloom mid-June and I was pleasantly surprised to find their willowy branches budding in hopeful yellow petals. I can’t wait to see them get so abundant and beautiful. I must also mention the wind— the fresh northern wind— which blew ever so gently in the mornings and afternoons, urging me to study and read in the balcony, thanking them for their always-welcomed arrival.


It was my last month at work and it all ended rather magically. The school had some end-of-year performance so we worked really hard to get them to be confident and fit on stage through a play. I wrote the script, and because I thought those kids lacked the adventure of imagination and spent most of their times in front of screens, I decided to make them all characters of a thriller/sci-fi/fantasy story. I’m glad they enjoyed acting it all out. Most importantly, I got to know them personally, and I realised how such bondings are crucial to make the teaching process rewarding. As I mentioned, it was a beautiful ending.

I’ve commenced my exams so I keep studying most of the time. However, it did not feel right. I felt as if I was limiting my brain by repetition of facts and by the help of a podcast, I actually made a conscious decision to homeschool myself (if that concept ever existed :P). I’ll talk about that in detail through a reflection of the results, but till now it had been really thrilling, making it more worthwhile to wake up in the morning to learn, rather than just to study.


It's Ramadan, too, a really blissful and soulful month. It's a time to avoid distractions and learn patience as well as witness the metaphorical representation of being rewarded for  efforts. We have ritualised going for moon-lit walks after iftar, and it's always a time for me to think and feel grateful.


I never liked the fact that I didn’t have attachments in life, but this is changing. Roots of purposeful goals have grounded me to accept so many things and feel safe in my uncertain path. I appreciate the fact that change exists and reigns this world, for nothing could be more liberating.


In the end, May was just a movement towards the sun— a metaphor for clarity with its everglow. Also, the benefactor it is to sustain life on our planet. May had been just that.

Thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a letter to my father.

Sitting With Myself.

a goodbye’s grief.

Enrapturing Highlights of 2023.

a letter you never read.