Possibilities.


Never did I ever attempt to think of breaking the rules or even believe they didn’t have to apply to me. I was always the conformist by nature, though inwardly resisting its significance. But you, keeping up with me, sparking my hidden humour with every day that passes by, makes me want to challenge the world.

The passion has grown slowly yet evidently and I have to keep reminding myself to act mature and self-sufficient. But isn’t it so hard to keep up with those ridiculous reminders when I’m spending the sacred hours of the unearthly moments with you, in my dreams?
Oh the things I could do to see you, and you, as well. You’re more than just your words and promises, which you take no time to translate. But I’m used to taking my time with my dreams and make-beliefs, formulating those many promises and making them to myself before anyone. And, it has taken me so much time and effort, dear, this you ought to know. But now, I want to promise you so many things, but I no longer trust the cues surrounding us at the moment and no longer assume that things shall continue as they are for I’ve been impacted by cardinal changes that turned my life around.

You are one of the things that turned my life the right away, although it’s all conceptually lavishly unpromising.

How many years did I spend wishing I could go back in time and apologise to what I’ve done to you? How many years did you make a recurring entrance to the flashbacks concussed with a yearn to love and be loved in return? I’m always observant of the possibilities, and none were actionable. But you, though far away and assumingly unaware of the fact that I considered you, were a chance. An opportunity.

And out of all the things that could have brought us together again, fate did it this time, entirely by random.

I’m grateful that you’ve become a thought that attaches me to wake up another day, thrilled to observe what shall the future reveal.. I’m keen on discovering the meaning behind my blind trust for I’m not used to being like that. Is it my intuition? My instinct?

Or am I just in love?

And they say, love does brainwash us in the most inscrutably foolish ways.

But before love, there is a common ideology. There is also, respect. Before love, there is the fact that we want to change this world together, by wakening our inner power.

I’d love to see you, and I’m considering the immoral risks but I’m willing to take it slow, not to force it all at once immaturely. Don’t we have the time in the world?

I can sense your desperate hunger to find out what is to become with us.. What is the reason for our interrupted conversations and Friday “Good mornings”? What is the point?

I’ve been asking myself the same thing for seven years. I’ve been asking myself what was the point of considering you a possibility though we were far apart by worlds at a time. But here you are, a possibility sparked to ignite.

But do not burn out, dearest. Do not cease.
Everglow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a letter to my father.

Sitting With Myself.

a goodbye’s grief.

Enrapturing Highlights of 2023.

a letter you never read.