Growth.


Of a broken heart,
I slept yesternight.
Lone and lust, up a hill.
Lost my balance,
Into smithereens,
I turned and rose,
Layers above.

From down below, 
The winds were a breeze.
They blew silently,
Paleness in my cheeks,
Rustling leaves,
Paths,
I trailed.

Yet skyward,
The winds are a torrent,
Numbing me,
Completely.
They take me,
I thought I was lost,
But what am I,
Now?

I learn to cope,
To stay present.
Feel the clouds,
Glazed by sunsets,
Toppling somewhere,
Transforming a mindset.
I learn to rule,
To lead,
A kingdom in a realm,
Tame me in my wildest scheme,
That no one ever sees.

Need not I you,
For you give me nothing,
Respect shall suffice,
Your love, unnoticed,
Reality sounds clearer,
Resonating deeper,
Purposes of achievers,
Like ones before me,
Shall be my symphony,
Your wails I need not,
Comprehend.

Of a broken heart,
I thrive tonight.
In my bed I sleep,
Winds airing my delights.
Passions resurrecting,
Persons I've dreamed,
Of being.



-Soraya Rady.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a letter to my father.

Sitting With Myself.

a goodbye’s grief.

Enrapturing Highlights of 2023.

a letter you never read.