Dear Journal.

16.12.2015
“Dear journal,
Winter is cruel to me, I thought you ought to know that. It deliberately creeps into the inside of my bones and finds its shelter between the tissues that surround them.. I have no idea how, but I’d like to find out.

I’m occupied by study these days, as you can see. Oh, and I drank coffee for the first time in like 5 months to give me energy to survive until 8 pm studying. My eyes didn’t droop today but it’s the vindictive chill that buries my handwriting and urges me to hide my skin under an insulator. I’m really tempted to build s fire next to my desk to blaze me s little.. hmm.. why am I always so cold?

I think I’ll sleep in a while but I promised myself to write one 2016 resolution and it is:

Self-compassion.

I want to accept, embrace my physical and spiritual self and embed them within a deeper identity-related meaning. I am Soraya. I want to open up my self to love and peace of the soul and the body.

I want to be the soul God could love, because how could He ever love me with a heart starved and hungry like mine? With a heart like a barren field? With a soul so thin and grey?

I’d love to give more. You know? Sometimes I wish I had an opportunity to give endlessly for I believe it’s a key to complex richness of spirit. I wish I had pocket money so that I could buy some food and give it to the hungry, or invest some to buy some clothes for the poor.

I want to spread awareness, journal. I’d love to.

But I am, for now, just a worthless personage, studying, doing nothing quite influential. Just a mere consumer. Just broken, tired and lost.

I’m still grateful, though.”

Here is an entry dated back to a chilly December night. I was quite deranged at that time, as you can see, and I was pushing myself past my limits studying and getting those fits of panic attacks thinking I wasn’t going enough to the world. I thought God hated me, for some reason.

I- I just can’t believe I was in this state. I was really helpless and found no way to support myself. I didn’t know what to do.. from where to start.. my health was deteriorating as well as my self-worth. But, I stopped victimising myself, started moving forward and accepting more about myself.

Growing.

I’m really grateful for taking gratitude to a higher level, and I hope I continue to do that, for the rest of my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a letter to my father.

Sitting With Myself.

a goodbye’s grief.

Enrapturing Highlights of 2023.

a letter you never read.