Travel Poland: In My Lungs Grew Pines. (Part 2)


So here is the second part of my adventure in Tatra Mountains and the most lavishly exhilarating and inspiring one. We decided to head to the largest and fourth-deepest lake in Poland located 1,300 metres high up a mountain and well, it was the best decision we had ever made.


Okay so, it was supposed to be a 8.5 km up a mountain and of course, my sister whined. I  tried convincing her of how fascinating and magical it would be to actually walk and be a part of the forest.. but she did not seem interested. Eventually, my sister and mom decided to talk a carriage up but I refused. I came here to walk, breathe in the pine-laden air and be free, for once. I sounded convincing and so I went up, completely alone yet surprisingly accompanied by so much positive energy.



And so I walked, and it was rejuvenating. Something in my pace was controlled by some kind of magical force I never noticed before. I was free... hearing the waterfalls, caressing the brook crystal-clear waters silently, watching the people actively choosing to actually have this adventure. I stopped every moment or two to take some pictures (that were never beautiful enough, I must admit).












Getting closer. :)

Two hours and a half later, I reached the top of the mountain were Morskie Oko resided. My jaw dropped once I saw the lake.. turquoise.. shining like an aquamarine.. glimmering.. surrounded by a massive ringlet of mountains.. I just.. couldn't believe it.




It was beyond beautiful. The mountains touching the greyish clouds, glazed with a layer of snow. I walked around and looked at the plants.. going through succession.. and I loved the feeling of watching the things I have learned in my Biology A Level course being applied in real life. I watched the lichens on the rocks giving room for the moss to grow.. and next came the ferns.. pine shrubs. Up in the mountain, the trees couldn't really survive the cold and infertile land. Also, we found many pine trees broken from avalanches and storm winds.. the forest was a living memory.



Succession-- lichens, moss and ferns.

On the way back, it was much faster and the sun started to shine again.. the sky was beautifully blue and the pine trees sparkling against it. The sunshine somehow infused this enchanting fragrance of the forest, and up till now, it bewitches me.



I found some daisies and forget-me-nots and wondered how such small and simple beings could exist in majestic, grand places. And you know what? They never feel like they don't belong.. they just add this trace of perfection without knowing it. Doesn't this apply to us, too?




I love you, beautiful world. Thank you.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a letter to my father.

Sitting With Myself.

a goodbye’s grief.

Enrapturing Highlights of 2023.

a letter you never read.