Health Lately: An Update.

Hello friends!

Well, it's my second week here in Poland and God, time is flying so fast which is basically a good sign. When I'm in my best states of productivity and joy, I never feel that time is taking too long to pass because I usually make the best out of each second. And here I am, enjoying my time immensely, doing nothing productive in particular but taking care of myself and people around me.

So, this post is mostly about my emotional and mental health which I just found out is crucial to stabilise my own physical health. First of all, I am not stressed at all, which is kind of a good thing because for like the first time in 8 months, my body is not swimming in adrenaline or cortisol which is making me less anxious and that leads to absolutely no bloating or IBS-like symptoms. I am constantly working on being the best person I could be every day and I am not surrounded by negativity or complaints. Besides, I am actually inspired by the clouds, my sister and working on my creativity. Of course, life cannot always go on this way and there has to be some kind of infliction to test my courage and endurance but still, life shouldn't be so awful everyday.. life shouldn't be so hopeless and meaningless as it was back in Egypt.. 

What's making me feel exceptionally better is that I am eating more nutritious food; the berries, dark chocolate and avocados. My body is cherishing the abundance of minerals and vitamins I am ingesting and it's making me feel so balanced and nourished. However, I find myself impulsively eating sometimes (somewhat like a minor binge) especially after a lunch loaded with proteins. But well, I'm trying to deal with it by breathing and rushing to the piano, to take all the tension away.. you know, I was never 100% comfortable around food but it's okay, I am getting better.

Another thing is that, I feel confident. Love never fails to make me confident and here I am, surrounded by my sister who gives me some warming hugs every once in a while and my mom thanking me for my meals and expressing love by buying me the things I need. Also, I'm meeting people who are astounded by who I am; the fact that I speak almost 3 languages, play the guitar, write, dance... etc. In Egypt, I feel rather dehumanised, like I don't deserve anything because I am not functional, yet, that's not true. I do have potentials and talents and I am so grateful for them. I'm not being vain here but rather truthful to myself, and realising that I have got some good qualities is something that might help me reflect this positive energy to the outside, to help people and actually start realising my dreams. Acknowledging that each one of us has got talents is a beautiful way to actually build ourselves up and practise gratitude. I really do hope I never fail to remind myself that I am a good person and that the change I aspire to bestow on my society all lies within me which is powerful enough to lift me up.

So you see now, I feel balanced because I am emotionally stable. I didn't know that stress could be so sabotaging but now I know and I must find ways to battle the negativity I am exposed to in Egypt. Certainly, I have devised a plan to make myself more busy in order to look at the bright side of things rather than the still and negative one. Through courses on my laptop, writing, watching inspirational documentaries and videos, exercise... I will help myself through this. No one can but me, right? This negativity will never get me anywhere.. it will only keep me isolated, afraid to speak my own miserable thoughts.

My goal these coming months is to limit stress in all ways possible. I'd like to defeat anxiety for once and for all.

Comments

  1. Enjoy the rest of your travels! I am sure you will find a way to do better overall when home in Egypt, now that you realized parts of the underlying reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this spirit! Looks like you really needed that trip, and I wish I could visit sometimes because I absolutely fell in love with Poland from your pictures only so sure its a hundred times better in real life. Fill in with all the positivity you need to keep you going when you come back :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so grateful for this trip, it's teaching me a lot. And yes, Poland is a beautiful country and you need to come here once a day.. it's more spellbinding than the pictures. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

a letter to my father.

Sitting With Myself.

a goodbye’s grief.

Enrapturing Highlights of 2023.

a letter you never read.