A Distance Apart.


I glance at the vase of roses,
On the table.
They shall die,
And shall we, too?
I know already, time is coming,
But this moment is eternally ours.
You let your fingertips touch my veil,
Slide it down, and I appear.
The gaze so warming,
A spectrum of browns, never-fading.
I love listening to your voice,
In a storm, the rain pouring,
The air stifling,
You alleviate it; the humidity,
And rising vapours.
Your fingers touch my scars,
Already healed,
But I can feel them burning.
Burning as the seedlings sprout,
The emerald leaflets come to life,
The roses shimmering in blazing reds,
Once the colour of my own blood.
Since it's you, here, not apart.
Daylight blocks the immeasurable part,
Betwixt our bodies, stricken with love,
With disbelief,
"Isn't this love surreal?"
And oh, don't you know?
My eyes are set on you.
And it's easier to breathe,
To exhale,
The rust accumulated within,
Precipitated from the perpetual negativity.
You walk a step closer,
The light between us diminishing.
I close my eyes,
And your hands melt in mine.

I swear,
My brain's a spectrum,
Of what it looks to see,
Your eyes.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a letter to my father.

Sitting With Myself.

a goodbye’s grief.

Enrapturing Highlights of 2023.

a letter you never read.