Seeking the Sun.

Sunlight peeping through.

I am definitely a sunlight person, not in that fiery, sparkly way but the way I just feel at home under those illuminated rays. Even moonlight has this beautiful, solemn aura in it. I love visibility, I love how those light rays make it less difficult for everything to just be, to be seen the way it truly is. It allows us beings to just watch our environment without the bias we use to judge ourselves and others, and it's the most liberating feeling in the world. Under the sunshine, I usually feel my problems thaw, the barricades I build during moments of anxiety and sadness break down, consequently releasing clouds of enlightenment. When the sun shines, the sky feels more blue, the clouds more illuminated, the beauty easier to perceive.

I'm like a sunflower, always seeking the light. Always getting out of classes to allow my face to touch and feel the warmth and the comfort of the sun shining down on me, and it's such an exuberant, indescribable feeling; one that not many recognise, but I do, and it affects me as a whole.

The rain is beautiful, but amidst the greyness of the sky, the world looks more dull, the colours more devoid of energy and brightness. And I can't help but feel a little bit down, minutely oppressed, my energy transforming into one so dull, a kind I am not so accustomed to. There is no longer a shine in the atmosphere nor a clarity that allows our dreams settling in the atmosphere to evapourate back into our minds.. the place where they belong.

You'll always find me sitting near a window, with the curtains open. Or perhaps in the open air, within a shadow that allows a couple of light rays to touch my skin, to cleanse my soul and provide me with an unearthly guidance that gives me purpose in this beautiful, hopeful world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a letter to my father.

Sitting With Myself.

a goodbye’s grief.

Enrapturing Highlights of 2023.

a letter you never read.