Changing Seasons.

Owh Hellow?

This time of the year is always accompanied by fragrances sweeping the atmosphere, I never know where they come from. But it's always so evident once the sun rises and the mist evolves swiftly, then my nostrils are filled with that smell that speaks of Autumn. It's as if the concussed sunrays have been diluted as the Earth moves away, so they have a chance to spread a bit more differently and our adapted senses start to feel this new surrounding. This kind of morning usually stir a couple of emotions, because school usually starts in September and well, new routines start and the carefree, totally lazy summer days are over. 

Such times are usually a way for me to rewind, to refresh my spirits. I'm not one that finds joy in boring routines although I always opose change, which is a trait I dislike about myself. Somehow, when I get used to something and find it congenial, I become so attached to it that I hate to change it even if it's something as trivial as the colour of my room or the position of the furniture in our apartment. But when it comes to seasons, my body and soul always light up to the arrival of Autumn as nature always has its sweet ways of revealing royal evolution.. Perhaps in Europe, things get more dull even with a shining sun, the winds get more hostile and the clouds obscure the illuminating background so often, you'd feel how shadows somehow start to fill the atmosphere. However, in Egypt, autumn is such a blissful season, highly prominent in September and October (never mind gruesome Novembers). The heat gets milder, the fluffy clouds get all lined up in such a picturesque way and breezes accompany the daylight. Night are usually very pleasant, too. I don't think I'll ever forget those first weeks of school where we aren't overloaded with work, I'd have my nights spent in the balcony, getting a little chilly with the bluish air, everything becomes clearer and even you can find more stars shimmering for a gaze.


Autumn clouds

:
Not to mention all the seasonal fruits and vegetables! Autumn here usually smells like dates of all its kinds. We have tons of dates; the red, yellow and those soft chocolate-y ones. Also, guavas and pommegranates show up and I always use them to make myself a diced cocktail with cold water and devour them in dusky twilights :')

Date snack :)


With all mentioned, I am ready to face Autumn. I was supposed to be starting school, but now I am expecting univeristy with all the new sudden changes that shall face me. My old self would cocoon itself in anxiety and fear, but I'm all new now, too. I choose to be fearless and optimistic. 

May the best always chase us. (:

Soraya.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a letter to my father.

Sitting With Myself.

a goodbye’s grief.

Enrapturing Highlights of 2023.

a letter you never read.