A New Leaf: Intentions


It is always welcoming to turn a new leaf and start it with some purposeful intentions, ones embedded in the heart, accompanying me wherever I go. The ritual of making intentions did prove to be effective since the world did help me attain my summer ones (except for working— there weren’t any students willing to study English in summer!). The impact of those fulfilled intentions is alive in my soul, fluttering its wings and allowing me to soar in empowerment and confidence. I’m grateful to start a new academic year with such a disposition.

University


I intend to get higher grades the next semester though I know it doesn’t mean much in the long term; but it does to me. It signifies the fact that I’m learning how to chase ideals and goals no matter how challenging they are and this is an aspect of my identity that I always like to improve and maintain rather than hamper. Also, I would like to enhance my public speaking skills by making voluntary presentations in the subjects I find appealing and interesting just for the sake of a daylight dream of mine— to one day give an inspiring TED talk. I want to preset and pretend that I’m on that stage, pouring my heart out, creating an impact for others by enlightening them. I want this academic year to be a route that leads to that, hopefully one day. Other than that, I hope to also bond with my professors and learn from them as much as possible, because my conversations with them are something I particularly enjoy about university.

Work


I have so much I’m intending to learn, career-wise, to get more professional at what I’m doing. So, I’m already practising the best methods to plan lessons and by the end of the year, my goal is to write them out effortlessly. I want to be better at classroom management and engaging the students deeply with information and an overflow of values and I’m starting to realise how much practice and experience that requires, but at least I’m carving my way. I’m also leading the student council this year by my own and I’m thrilled to empower students respectfully and hope to apply principles of management to sustain such a small organisation and keep it healthy. It’s not easy, but I’m happy to experiment my values in education, generally. Regarding my English private lessons, I hope to attract more customers and guide my own student’s way to deeply improve in English and be more fluent, not only for school, but for his dreams and future, which I’m always touching on. Something that keeps me really thrilled as well is the fact that I might take a professional training programme and I’m still weighing the matter from all dimensions, but the possibility is staggeringly motivating. I’d really like to embark my path towards professionalism in what I’m doing. What I have in mind is taking a certified development programme in student-centred learning; it’s an ideology that really agrees with me, not entirely, but the applications of some of the strategies is impacting.

Life


Life is always beautiful, and I hope to expect less and less out of the future and solely focus on the present moment. I’m starting to reap the fruits of self-empowerment and feeling much more confident in so many ways and it’s really alleviating. I want to attract pure and authentic love and not demand it, but let it flow through me, wherever I am. I want this year to be more graceful and embracing— free of acute fluctuations that exhaust my soul from all the wary climb ups and downs. I want to learn to accept everything as it is and find beauty in it as well as share it with the world. I want to change my little community as much as I can, with whatever meagre abilities I have.

I’m happy to turn a new leaf and start anew with many unknown possibilities unfolding every now and then. I’m praying for a fruitful academic year and I’m already thankful for the plans I do not know.

I do not wish to know, the present moment is all there is. It’s all I need.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a letter to my father.

Sitting With Myself.

a goodbye’s grief.

Enrapturing Highlights of 2023.

a letter you never read.