Nearer.

Nearer than the stream of air,
Breathed in to your chest,
The fragrance of spring-blossoms,
And the sweetness which follows.
Nearer than the warmth,
Of the first beam that comes,
Igniting into your room;
The sun rising too soon.
Nearer than the melodies,
You’re singing so slowly,
I’m immersed as they’re echoing,
I’m nearer than your wildest imaginings.

Your “how are you?”,
Is my favourite question,
It somehow diminishes,
The over-extending distance.
Softening my heart;
Your sweet affection,
Such things not forgotten,
They’re nearer in this trustful direction,
Where we look upon the fields,
Eyes beaming with possibilities,
Towards the apple trees,
Their white lush blossoms,
Falling gently on our shoulders,
Peachy hues through open windows,
Shared by our sun-kissed skin,
It’s the first time we live,
A moment like this,
When sunrise stories exist,
Not only in words,
But in eyes reflecting utmost bliss.

In the near future,
I’ll be even nearer,
But for the present is dear,
Unravelling slowly,
I’m nearer than the birds,
Above the treetops of your street,
The soft songs they sing,
Eternally our beloved melodies.

I’m nearer because you are home,
Where all my memories belong,
There past and present fit,
Placed gracefully in it.
I’m nearer because you are,
Walking somewhere in the dark,
Treading on a common earth,
Yet your eyes soar above,
Where a moon glows faintly,
Reminding you of love.

And dearest one,
I’m nearer where,
Your heart belongs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a letter to my father.

Sitting With Myself.

a goodbye’s grief.

Enrapturing Highlights of 2023.

a letter you never read.