Sunrise Stories.


I barely slept last night; my eyes wide and spirit floating in the atmosphere with glorious joy. I might have closed my eyes but I could not keep my mind still, it was constantly rewinding the beautiful moments of the day that preceded us, creating a million narratives written in terms of pure love.

And I am so proud of you, dearest. A few hours ago, you have finally reached your dreams after what seemed like an eternity. After years of trying hard and willingly working towards it, you have attained your ideal, touched the horizon of your visualisations you conjured up as a young kid. Now you’re here and I cannot be more proud, my dearest one.

It wasn’t easy, was it? How many times did you come home frowning, encompassed by the disappointments of failure? How many times did you feel as if you were never going to figure it out? I understood, and I grieved along, too. I knew that there would come a day, but I couldn’t promise when. I couldn’t determine when you would finally get past that phase of trying so hard. I knew it would come.

And now you’re here.

I toss and turn restlessly, my heart pounding in enthusiasm. I watch you sleep with a smile that I can make out even with the dimness and lack of nightly light. It’s silent and the sound of your breaths fill the room. I wonder what is happening in your head right now, I wonder if I could bring you all the satisfaction and gratitude in the universe and embody it into your soul, to keep you floating. Yet, we both know this is not the end, just a beginning to a journey that shall be filled with trials and errors. Now that you’re on the peak of the first hill, there’s a way down to find another more challenging one and we have learned so many precious lessons, didn’t we dearest?

I am enraptured that the time has come for us to celebrate. I allow my fingertips to caress your face gently, feeling tears of love ooze out of my eyes. I am so proud, and I can feel your celestial joy pierce every part of me so intricately. I can barely rest my mind from experiencing it so profoundly which is funny and insane, but this is just me, I guess. You know that.

And in my head, I thank you for celebrating my little treasured moments with me. I thank you for applauding the simple times of triumph and inspiration as well as reminding me of the purpose of the shaky, turbulent times. It made so much sense as those affirming words left your lips, made me feel more at ease and peace. They empowered me with the kindness I sometimes gave up on. So I thank you, infinitely.

My eyes catch a glimpse of our room and how it started to colourise with the very first beams of peachy light. I rejoice, closing my eyes with content. I know you’d rather sleep in on a day like today but I cannot help but want to wake you, so I do. Your consciousness greets the day with a triumphant smile and I’m happy you still remember. I find myself chuckling a little and you smile deeply, your eyes asleep yet attentive to what I mean. I tell you to come with me, to receive the first blessing of the day and you follow me effortlessly— the sun is shining through the crimson-glazed clouds and the blackbirds have started their charming anthems. The breeze is a dreamy flight of fragrances, chilly with an Octobery-feel, tempting us to stick to each other, harnessing our skin from the cold.

Eventually, we come in again and I let you sleep. My prayers flow with a resilient glide, hoping for you all what is best, and most importantly, hope that we grow into the discomfort more willingly with every challenge.

I’m proud of you, my dear one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a letter to my father.

Sitting With Myself.

a goodbye’s grief.

Enrapturing Highlights of 2023.

a letter you never read.