Come Home.


I come home in you,
Like a beautiful sunrise,
I come home in your smile,
And your oceanic eyes,
In your cheeks,
Like clouds against an October sky.

I come home at night,
As worlds are silenced and while,
Your mind sparks in epiphanies,
Igniting as you share them with me.
I come home in loving arms,
Taking me in, safe and warm,
And as my eyes close,
There’s a dream breathing in my soul.

I come home in acceptance,
In kindness and forgiveness;
The fatality of my flaws,
My humanity weaved through, slow.
I come home when I know,
My poles have met— now I thaw.

I come home as I climb up,
With love,
For the world,
For my soul,
And for you.

I come home in lush fields of green,
Legs crossed on staircases,
And singing melodies,
Of dreams and sadness entwined,
To call this a beautiful life.

And what if home,
Is merely the space,
My mind learns to let go,
And my heart goes to sleep,
Home is the essence of the love,
Growing inside of me,
Home is the peace you bring,
When you are listening,
Eyes wide and breaths at ease.

Home is just the story,
Of the days,
Our universes meet.

- written on a September airplane ride back home, pondering over what it would feel to truly come back home - 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a letter to my father.

Sitting With Myself.

a goodbye’s grief.

Enrapturing Highlights of 2023.

a letter you never read.