Bubbles.


I’ve mentioned before how I thought trimming the flowers of happiness is an essential way to sustain it, to avoid its overgrowth, prevent it from blinding our perception from seeing things as they really are— in both darkness and magic.

Now, having given it so much thought, I believe it’s cardinal to trim the rays of ambition, at least personally.

I think that we all live in some sort of bubble that encompasses our lives— the circumstances, treasured values, problems and priorities. This bubble shields us from the outside world yet can easily burst to allow changes to set in. In some ways, it defines who we are in the tangible aspects of our everyday life so we choose to keep floating within it wherever we are.

For a long time, I was quite opposed to the fact that I had to live in a bubble. I wanted to rebel and burst what was confining me; change my life, seek ultimate levels of independence and let new things in. I think it was quite normal to feel that way, especially when things got torpid and ordinary for too long that I yearned for any kind of change and sought it actively, till it tempted me to resist the facts that are reigning my earthly life, setting me into a state of denial.

Now I know that I’ve chosen the wrong thing and I am willing to rewire my brain a little. I don’t have to be great in this world— I don’t have to change it. As long as I’m striving to make each day positive and worthwhile, then this is the change I can offer, and it’s enough given all the opportunities a single day can bestow upon me.

I realised that I can cherish my bubble and even learn to love it. I prioritise my family, education, health, learning process and helping others. My far-fetched ambition requires me to isolate myself from my loved ones, lock myself in my room treading paths not yet well-defined and exhaust my mind thinking about how to fight even further against all odds— this is what I should do if I really want my ambition to conquer reality, if I really want to choose working in business, extending my social circles by the aimless student activities and thinking of myself. I tried thinking about it more and I realised that, no, this isn’t what I want.


I am at peace with the fact that I’ve got to limit my ambitions yet find ways to get out of my comfort zone with every small chance I’ve got and I see that there are plenty of them. There is room for learning every single day without having to fight and get into conflicts. At least, I’m not that kind of person to do so.

I believe I need to discover my bubble more deeply and to figure out the hidden possibilities of growth within it; to focus on the present without having anxiety pinning me down and nipping the blessings away. I shall release myself into the world of dreams through vivid visualisations that appeal to me and my abilities, and I’ll accustom my life to take me there by acting as if I was already on my way to accomplish my dearest goals. Slowly, my bubble will expand with the shrinking comfort zones, and I’ll still be grateful and quite aware of what’s surrounding me. Perhaps it will allow me to develop a love and admiration for the life I already have, without having to complain or get into wishful thinking.

So many people I know are going through a lot of anxiety and toil due to this reason. They feel lost because they have no idea what their life constitutes; their own passions, problems, fears, talents, limits, rights and responsibilities. But when we set the intention to appreciate the course of time and instil the faith, things get considerably easier to accept, life starts moving effortlessly.

I’ll set an intention to please myself with the ordinary and reinforce my life with more transparency and honesty, till I figure out what I value most and prioritise. I’ll keep my mind laced with visions of the future, and incorporate them within the gaps of daily life, to create the magic that keeps my soul alive.

It’s okay to live the life you’re living. It’s okay to start small. In fact, it’s perhaps the very beginning to your journey of growth. Believing you can grow will actually make you thrive.

Just believe a little bit more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a letter to my father.

Sitting With Myself.

a goodbye’s grief.

Enrapturing Highlights of 2023.

a letter you never read.