Travel Poland: Chopin Museum + Nieborow.

This is my first travel post and I'm really thrilled to actually make an interesting one. First of all, Poland is such a beautiful country characterised by it's vivid nature and history. It's not that kind of country that is bustling with life and energy but one you can spend your time in for relaxation and contemplation. 

Last weekend, we headed north-east to a city called Zelazowa Wola (pronounced as Gelazova Vola) in which Fredryk Chopin was born in. Of course, I was highly intrigued since I love classical music, especially those quiet piano waltzes. There resided a museum which consisted of a park and the house Chopin was born in, but not where he lived. 







The park was beautiful, packed with chestnut and oak trees as well as patches of lavender and lillies. We enjoyed a walk in the park before we entered the house (the museum) to see the piano Chopin played on as well as some portraits of the members of his family and so forth. Personally, I am not a fan of museums because they convey information in such a limited and narrow area with little scope for imagination but I know that some people might have enjoyed it.


Next, we were lucky enough to attend a 20-minute concert for some Chopin preludes, played by the amazing and talented pianist Piotr Pawlak (he is only 19 years old!). Hearing the piano being played near the window as we sat outside, I sank into a deep meditation and watched my brain light up with colours of content and gratitude.


We then went to the village of Nieborow (pronounced as Nieborov) which had this palace and was surrounded by this huge park. We didn't go to the palace because I wasn't really interested but continued to walk in the enormous park and to be honest, it was captivating. The park had this baroque, quaint style filled with lakes, an abundance of trees and flowers. We stumbled upon an orangerie and when I went inside, my jaw dropped from fascination. I mean, there was this picturesque view of a diversity of trees and plants before me.. it was like a dream. And to all of you who don't know yet, I am a plant lover in a way indescribable. 










After that, we headed to a flower garden filled with colourful roses, lavenders, basil, lillies and marigolds. Bees were roaming delightedly and butterflies were sipping their share of nectar patiently. I felt like I was in heaven and I promised myself to grow a garden once a day, to fill starving hearts with beauty and grace and to allow the ignorant eyes to witness limitless growth, reaching out for the light of hope.




There are so many metaphors in this life, and they all fit to define life with its so many perspectives. There's beauty, yes, and with it comes the joy. However, we should anticipate the sorrow and malaise, too and accept it with all our effort. 

I am forever grateful today.

Comments

  1. I enjoyed reading this :) I really hope that someday I will be able to grow plants too. For now they mostly die at some point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

a letter to my father.

Sitting With Myself.

a goodbye’s grief.

Enrapturing Highlights of 2023.

a letter you never read.