Sunrise Stories

 


I wake, your face a shoreline gold. the sun has risen to your closed eyes once more, a memory of melancholic truthfulness, given the eternity I spent traversing the maps of your distant gaze. there's this thing about us; a push and pull of titanic tides and dreams of watching moonlight glowing across horizons of our dreamscapes.

I like that you're tailoring time just for me. just for this love to stretch its droplets of colour on the canvas of this aloneness we're sharing for some years. just you and me; a sacred touch, a gentle gaze, the intensity a propeller of all the sweetness in the hearts that have never known but to envision something different than what they're used to.

I find it divinely honouring that there is nothing you come home to but this heart. you look into my eyes to find lost pieces of yourself; the brokenness shards of glass so invisible that it is only mine to see. in wordlessness, all we have is this space of unbroken gazes and all the unanswered questions of what led us back in a togetherness foreordained. 

you know, love, I've been once broken by empty words that were tied to celestial lights beaming upon my heart. it took me from never again to a willful invitation finely crafted by oceans of servitude you've been holding back. languages of love so torrential, inescapable indentations on the scriptures of our fate. both of our starry eyes shine so radiantly in the vast brightness of this morning sky. and that is what my life demands me to need. this soul knows the climbs up the mountains were simply meant to be.

you're undefined by all that encompasses you this morning, and I see you. you can see the gratitude that pulsates vibrantly towards parts of you you've always wanted confessed: chivalry, soft-spoken gentleness, and rivers of subtle aliveness in your eyes. I see you. you need not go far. stay near.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a letter to my father.

Sitting With Myself.

a goodbye’s grief.

Enrapturing Highlights of 2023.

a letter you never read.