Summertime Goodbyes - A Playlist

Greetings, everyone. Since August is bidding us goodbye so soon and summertime memories are to be written in books and sealed with light and grace, I am here to share some tracks which could make the last days of your summer a little bit more unearthly than usual. 

My taste in music is quite thematic and infused with lyrical imagery. I enjoy all songs which are quiet yet cascade genuineness with every lyric and every beat. I am quite prone to listen to indie music for it's touching and poetic, adding sensitivity to my perception of the world.

You can find the playlist here, and here are some lines of my favourite lyrics. (:

- the tallest man on earth: then i won’t sing no more

 “I love you, dear, be safe, you know”

- the tallest man on earth: i love you, it’s a fever dream 

“but I’ll keep the hope I carry, everywhere so I can love, wherever I go now” 
“but we will travel past the beating rain and be graceful after all”

- the paper kites: arms 

“what can I give that is all for you, my hearts not good cause it’s split in two, these arms are all I have”

- the paper kites: don’t keep driving 

“there’s nothing wrong with a little space, but not right now, don’t leave” 
“don’t push me away”

- the paper kites: standing in the rain 

“it’s meant to feel that way”

- days of august: north country 

“we are so close when we’re apart”

- days of august: time will tell the tale 

“I said our hearts were surely bound, together”
 “i’ll fall in love when i am older, I’m sure the time will tell the tale, one day the sun will shine upon her, my hopes are strong and will prevail”

- imaginary future: fire escape 

“oh my future I can’t believe it’s time, oh my lover, I'll never leave you behind”

- s. carey: yellowstone 

“I’m like a painting, it’s what you need to know from me”

- s. carey: meadow song 

“a meadow where I left you there”

- s. carey: move 

“if I could run my fingers through your hair”

- canyon city: when I fal

“it’s the angels clear in reach with you”

- marcus alexander: journey 

“I’m a poetry kind of guy you need but I don’t need no surprise”

- riley pearce: misplaced 

“you've got your head in the clouds”

- taylor swift: the lakes 

“take me to the lakes where the poets went to die"
"what should be over, burrowed under my skin, in heart-stopping waves of hurt"
"i want to watch wisteria grow right under my bare feet"
"i bathe in cliffside pools, with my calamitous love, and insurmountable grief"

- taylor swift: illicit affairs 

“you showed me colours you know I can’t see with anyone else”

- taylor swift: peace 

“give you the silence when two people understand each other”

- taylor swift: august 

“back when we were still changing for the better, wanting was enough (...) to live for the hope of it all”

- taylor swift: cardigan 

“I knew everything when I was young”

- taylor swift: mirrorball 

“and when I break it's in a million pieces” 
“hush, when no one is around my dear, you’ll find me on my tallest tiptoes, spinning in my highest heels, love, shining just for you”

- taylor swift: this is me trying 

“and I don’t quite know what to say but I’m here in your doorway”

- taylor swift: invisible string

"one single thread of gold tied me to you"
“hell was the journey but it brought me heaven”

- taylor swift: seven 

“please picture me in the weeds, before I learned civility, I used to scream ferociously anytime I wanted”
"love you to the moon and to saturn"
"passed down like folk songs, our love lasts so long"

- taylor swift: epiphany 

“hold me twenty minutes to sleep but you dream of some epiphany, just one single glimpse of relief, to make some sense of what you see”

- taylor swift: exile ft. bon iver

 “I think I’ve seen this film before, but I didn’t like the ending”
"I gave so many signs"

- taylor swift: my tears ricochet

 “I can go anywhere I want, anywhere I want just not home”
 “and I still talk to you when I’m screaming at the sky”

- taylor swift: hoax 

"my only one, my kingdom come undone, my broken drum, you have beaten my heart”

- rosemary and garlic: i’m here 

“and all the birds in the sky, they’re all for me, and I have you grateful by my side, you’re all my colours and my light”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a letter to my father.

Sitting With Myself.

a goodbye’s grief.

Enrapturing Highlights of 2023.

a letter you never read.