Enrapturing Highlights of 2019.


I learned to stay strong in 2019.
I learned to keep hope in my heart despite feeling my worst.
I learned to say "I love you" when it felt right.
I learned to forgive, accept, surrender and let go.
My heart softened in 2019 with all of the challenges and hard times. My heart learned to cry and listen to sadness earnestly. My heart came back to life again.

Thank you, dearest 2019.

January


  • Implementing a personal development project at school and watching it inspire everyone.
  • Learning to rest and take care of myself after experiencing a severe burn out.
  • Struggling with emptiness but never giving up on hope.
  • Watching the mulberry trees sprout tiny little emerald leaves.
  • Learning to reach success slowly, not all at once.
  • Standing in front of 50-60 teachers telling them about my work for the very first time.
  • Bus rides to school whilst the sunrise.
  • Getting in touch with my soulmate after months of disconnection, talking about our fears, sadness and confusion.
  • Empowering my best friends to get them showcase their ambitious mindset in front of my students.

February


  • Watching the warmth manifest a miraculous spring into life.
  • Getting out of my comfort zone and developing a workshop on holistic learning for the HertsCam Network.
  • Reading The Secret Garden.
  • Feeling alone and a little confused.
  • Feeling physically sick and struggling with hormonal imbalance.
  • Believing in love.
  • Dreaming of things before they happen.
  • Planning and starting “A Better Place” project to raise awareness about the environment.

March


  • Sunlight invading the whole room as I wake.
  • Listening to unearthly music.
  • Feeling extremely ill and becoming afraid of my own body and trying a million things to figure it out.
  • Ups and downs in the implementation of the project and learning not to blame myself.Watching “The Theory of Everything” and feeling inspired.
  • Watching the airplanes and feeling my heart flutter with excitement.
  • Feeling very away from God but still praying for peace.
  • Singing with the blackbirds in the morning.

April



  • The excitement of travel plans for the summer.
  • The approaching summer vibes.
  • Flamboyant bougainvillea making the world seem brighter.
  • Trying hard to regain my health, still failing yet never giving up.
  • Writing poems almost everyday.
  • Partnering with a friend of mine to paint illustrations for my poems and share them.
  • Walks in the early morning, filling the empty spaces in me with gratitude.

May


  • Ramadan’s purity and sacred Iftar moments.
  • Reaching my financial goals.
  • Packing my bags for Poland.
  • Doing well in my final exams.
  • Giving up on trying to regain my health.
  • Morning swims in the refreshing water.
  • The vivid, effervescent flame trees reddening the view.
  • Watching “Grace of Monaco” and “Victoria and Abdul” for some inspiration.
  • Finishing off my professional development portfolio successfully.
  • Moonlit walks after Iftar.

June


  • Airplane rides and watching the Swiss Alps beneath the blue clouds.
  • Seeing my sister and hugging her tight.
  • Planning daily learning time with my sister
  • Morning walks and discovering meadows.
  • Connecting to my soulmate soulfully again.
  • Playing guitar with my sister and writing a song.
  • Connecting with my social media audience.
  • Planning for projects at school.
  • Long bicycle rides to the lakes.
  • Taking my sister to school by bike and preparing her lunchbox with love.
  • Visiting the mountains in WisÅ‚a, Poland.

July



  • The cold and rain, snuggling in blankets and spreading candle-scents at home.
  • Painting and discovering a passion for calligraphy.
  • Reading “The Sacred Enneagram” by Christopher Huertz and discovering humanity.
  • Writing songs with my sister.
  • Feeling like a child again.
  • Receiving the most beautiful gift from my soulmate for my birthday.
  • Feeling understood and loved for my brokenness.
  • Healing my hormonal health partially.
  • Understanding the love rains hold for the world.
  • Connecting to my soulmate even deeper.
  • Travelling to the mountains of Zakopane, going for 6-hour hikes in the wilderness and finding love in the pine trees.
  • Writing odes to the rain.

August


  • Celebrating my soulmate’s birthday.
  • The power of intuition and dreams manifesting into life.
  • Going for dates with my sister for ice-creams.
  • Joining the Nyle Arts community.
  • Travelling to London and feeling a strange sense of belonging.

  • Discovering my love for art in the national gallery in London.
  • Celebrating my sister’s birthday in Harry Potter’s studio and feeling like a witch.
  • Writing the “Limitless Learning” series on my blog.
  • Taking my sister out to play with her friends and walking around, while reading books.
  • Feeling hopeless and breaking down in front of my mother and sister.
  • Discovering “Becoming Supernatural” by Dr. Joe Dispenza and starting my healing journey.

September


  • Rainy bicycle rides to the lakes.
  • Taking my sister to school and working together on her schoolwork.
  • Healing further and further, believing more in my dreams.
  • Reinforcing my love for the universe.
  • Crying and releasing all of the pain that was hidden in my chest.
  • Airplane rides back to Egypt.
  • Crying with my sister in the airport and feeling love pump in my heart.
  • Surrendering and letting go my fear of the unknown.
  • Setting intentions for a new academic year, determined to be a champion teacher.
  • Going back to work with love.

October


  • Poetry of the silk floss tree blossoms.
  • Enchanting sunrises from my balcony.
  • Walks to university.
  • Unearthly conversations with my best friend.
  • Working on a business project and making it work despite the challenges.
  • Working in a team and being a leader.
  • Becoming a tutor for a dyslexic learner and putting the holistic approach to education to action.
  • Receiving wonderful gifts from an aspiring artist.
  • Reading "You Are The Placebo" and "Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself".
  • Meeting my childhood friends while the crescent glowed above us.

November


  • November poetry.
  • Watching the day get shorter and nights so longer.
  • Chasing the moon cycles.
  • Learning not to say "no" to new working opportunities that might help me grow but focusing on abundance instead.
  • Looking inward to find reasons for failures and mistakes.
  • Practising more leadership in university and making new friends.
  • Enjoying public speaking by doing presentations every single week and feeling alive speaking out loud.
  • The colder days sweeping in and finally wearing sweaters and winter clothes.
  • Midterm trips to Cairo University, overwhelmed by the difficult examinations.
  • Receiving an offer to tutor yet another learner and accepting it gleefully.
  • Enjoying my holistic tutoring practice and feeling empowered by it.
  • Occasionally learning about child development online.
  • Reading "Running on Empty" and learning a lot about my conditioning, being more empowered to reparent myself.

December


  • Watching the sun rise during the bus ride to school.
  • Feeling love in my heart so deeply.
  • Writing poetry again and starting another poetry book.
  • Finally confessing my love to my soulmate and feeling alive with love, ready for a new beginning.
  • Writing letters to my soulmate as the sun rose in the real early morning.
  • Reading "The Alchemist" and "Manuscript Found in Accra" by Paulo Coelho and feeling more aligned to my dreams.
  • Dark-morning walks, reciting poetry and listening to the first chorus of the blackbirds.
  • Succeeding at managing a classroom on my own and feeling empowered by it.
  • Having unearthly conversations with my learners about our fears and dreams.
  • Discovering chrysanthemums in bloom.
  • Enjoying a warming coffee in the early December mornings before my lectures started.
  • Finalising our business project after such a long time with my best friend.
  • Connecting to the "Nyle Arts" community heartily.
  • Working on applying to my dream job abroad.
  • Planning for a self-learning club at school.
  • Visiting my grandmother for the first time in years.
  • Making intentions for 2019 and feeling ready to embrace a new beginning.
  • Returning back to my introspective, silent self and realising that I don't have to try hard to shine. I can shine with silence and just being me.
  • Being me, with love.

Enter: 2020.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a letter to my father.

Sitting With Myself.

a goodbye’s grief.

Enrapturing Highlights of 2023.

a letter you never read.