Farewell.


A farewell unsaid,
Locked within beating hearts,
And a truth confusing us.
Perhaps it was too much,
Of love and distance magically touched,
By human worlds entwining and learning,
To let go all at once.

I lift my palms of the notion,
Of your presence no longer,
Keeping me alive.
For there is a sun in my soul,
Immersed in darkness,
Yet always rising in time.
I’m synchronising the seasons,
And the fallen leaves,
With the shedding that might,
Occur to me,
And slowly, and in some way,
I found you slipping,
On a ground filled with memories.

No longer do I grieve,
But partake in the brief,
Nature of love’s identity.
We are always stumbling,
Into beautiful eyes,
Reflecting the light hidden inside,
And I love life,
For guiding me to you,
But now you must leave,
And I shall follow you.

It is beautiful how,
We need not apologise,
This is inscrutably written,
In heavenly bodies,
Of fates colliding and truly beloved.

Farewell, my dear,
I shall move on,
Discovering beauty,
Behind the petals you’ve grown,
And I’ve always known,
Our dreams have gone,
Got themselves woven into,
A reality and a song,
An anthem of melodies,
To build upon.

Farewell, dearest one,
There is always this life,
To love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a letter to my father.

Sitting With Myself.

a goodbye’s grief.

Enrapturing Highlights of 2023.

a letter you never read.