Lunar Eclipse: 27th of July, 2018.


On the night of the 27th of July 2018, a beautiful occurrence met our Earth: the lunar eclipse, the longest eclipse in the 21st century. It was the very first time for me to see one, with a bright awareness and sheer love for the universe.

I didn’t get to see the eclipse from the start, since it was below the horizon. I spent the night in the balcony, with gracility, expecting the glossy arrival of our moon. All at once, a shadow appeared, with a reddish hue on the left-hand side. It took my by surprise, to see the moon looking so different, to witness a phenomenon so natural and reigned by the truthful secrets of the universe.

I spent most of the night watching the moon regaining its silvery fullness, feeling my heart swell after it had been tightened with its shadowed disappearance. It swelled with gratitude and awe; my sister by side, speaking in terms of poetry. The moon was adorned by Mars and its companions; Saturn, Jupiter and Venus. There were countless satellites roaming the atmosphere, and the stars made patterns so beautiful; clustered and diffracted.

The attentive souls of the world were all united underneath the moon that night. They were listening to their intuition, the elapsing minutes amplifying the sound of a heart pounding with love for the universe. Those souls were dearly near their companions, even if alone. It was a unity of the believers of the unearthly.

words from that night:

Be my eclipse—
Show me how to close,
My eyes.
Show me how to see,
God.
In the inner pieces of,
My heart.

Our world may darken when I disappear,
I’m taking my time compassing,
My soul to a universe’s love.

my sister's very first words: 

Whatever colour you are,
My heart is coloured the same.
Everyday I see you white,
In some eclipse-time,
The dark hides your rainbows.

Thank you, dearest moon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a letter to my father.

Sitting With Myself.

a goodbye’s grief.

Enrapturing Highlights of 2023.

a letter you never read.