Enrapturing Highlights of 2017.


January:
  • Getting excellent grades in my first semester exams.
  • Learning to replace negative thoughts with beautiful ones.
  • Realising that I had to trust my intuition to fulfil balance.
  • Witnessing the tragic beauty in death.
February:
  • The ‘Outstanding Achiever’ ceremony with my beautiful friend.
  • Meeting one of the most beautiful and understanding people I know today. :)
  • Watching the trees bloom and calyxes appear.
  • University walks in the beautiful weather.
  • Dandelions canvassing the side-road grasses.
  • Partially reclaiming my health back.
  • Enjoying the warmth after a difficult winter.
March:
  • Spring and all the hope it brings.
  • Flowers and trees wildly collaborating to colourise the realm.
  • Taking the teaching courses online.
April:
  • Feeling anxiety at its peaks, but learning to cope with and understand it.
  • Summer dreams and travel plans.
  • Red and pink flowers on the silk floss trees.
  • The mulberry trees turning emerald-green.
  • Peach trees in the neighbour’s garden blooming in pink and white.
May:
  • Finally meeting my school friends.
  • Picking mulberries from trees.
  • Quiet and distant family picnics amidst the mulberry and silk floss trees.
  • The silk floss trees finally shedding their red and pink flowers, scattering them royally on the grass.
  • Booking tickets for travel.
  • Iftar moments in Ramadan.
June:
  • Feeling my heart beat wildly with love, after it had been starved for years.
  • Listening to love songs in the summer nights.
  • Making promises to take care of myself and heal.
  • Discovering Mimi Ikonn’s YouTube channel.
  • Working throughout the day to kill the boredom and boost productivity.
  • Blooming golden shower and Acacia trees.
  • Travelling alone; magical airplane moments and witnessing rapture while wandering around the airport.
  • Hugging my sister in the airport, feeling my chest burst with content and joy.
  • The berries, clouds and beautiful Polish weather.
July:
  • 5 AM morning runs.
  • Discovering podcasts.
  • Teaching my sister all about ecology.
  • Realising my passion for hiking and mountains.
  • Learning to love the rain and thunderstorms.
  • Loving the plants and making friends with trees.
  • Joining WriterDesk organisation.
  • Nighttime poetry while the rain pattered on the window-sill, sleeping as my heart filled with love.
  • Making so many mistakes yet embracing the guilt and being brave enough to start all over again.
  • Taking pictures.
August:
  • The royal beauty of Budapest.
  • Getting lost in the Bieszczady mountains in Poland.
  • Keeping a gratitude journal.
  • Watching the moon and Saturn in an astronomical show through a telescope and spending the night finding patterns on the night sky, somewhere in the woods.
  • Feeling all of the mixed emotions attached to goodbyes and tolerating them.
  • Getting better at Polish.
  • Crying in the airport and the plane till there was nothing but peace within me.
  • Sunsets thousands of feet above the ground.
September:
  • Work. Work. Work.
  • Eating dates.
  • Starting university and enjoying the courses.
  • Resuming writing my story again.
  • Feeling at peace.
October:
  • Astoundingly beautiful weather and sunshine.
  • Walks to university.
  • Pomegranate rituals.
  • Poetry and love.
November:
  • Music as a relief to all of the November grim spectrum of greys.
  • Guitar practising.
  • Learning a lot about natural health through podcasts.
  • Determining my career options.
  • Growing in confidence.
  • A magical meeting with my best friend and watching a movie together.
December:
  • More music.
  • More laughter and love.
  • Losing discipline, but never giving up.
  • Never feeling lonely.
  • Reading.
  • Watching ballet and feeling it’s beauty and grace.
  • Renewing my blog.
  • Sharing some of my music with others.
  • Ending the year with a dreamy and poetical disposition, realising that I need not change or toughen up. Realising that I am actually really close to accepting myself fully and entirely.

2017 was eventful and quite impacting. I consider it a year full of mistakes and slips, but simultaneously, that gave me more room for growth. I’m grateful for every time I felt weak and vulnerable, for the nights I spent panicking out of fear, the days spent feeling gruesome in my own body from my hormonal imbalance. I’m thankful for going through it all, and having the strength to choose to move on and learn.

Most importantly, I’m grateful for the people I met this year, who never failed to make me happy, to honour my peculiarities and believe in them. I’m glad that the world has a chance to change by your existence. Thank you for everything.

I thank God for all of His miraculous omens and connections, for His mercy and forgiveness. I hope He continues to stay by my side, to bestow upon me the power to listen to His messages, to keep me on the right track.

Lots of love and best wishes for 2018. May you all find the beauty within yourselves.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a letter to my father.

Sitting With Myself.

a goodbye’s grief.

Enrapturing Highlights of 2023.

a letter you never read.