devotion.


 it takes only a while for me to wonder whether I was only dreaming. was it really us in all these illicit affairs? the clandestine sneaky steps I take in the freshness of dawn’s air, the first streaks of ambrosial sunshine so sweet painted on my cheeks. the stars in your eyes that lighten up the moment I see you, and everything else so cryptically cocooned in secrets, coded in colour between me and you.

how sweet october is. holding your hand in the car, a language I never knew I’d know. my touch was almost cursed, turning everything into an amusing labyrinth of sadness. but it’s not like that anymore. 


convoluted, branched, soft, tight, right. your hand in mine. our fingers melting into one another.


it takes one moment of us longing into one another’s eyes to find ourselves leaning back, losing ourselves in each other’s oceans. one leap and I drown, drifting into the depths of your fingers on scared spaces of a body I always thought was out of bounds. you pull me in, your breaths trilling, breaking— faint in helpless plea. all the love you have for me. the twitch. the slow breath out. unwinding all the way to the gentlest kiss in every touch. galaxies. nebulae. stardust. it was all somewhereelse.


this is my first time. my first time to be so intimately loved. the first time I’m seen for a truth I thought I’d seen before. whole. grand. beautiful. a mirror of sacredness you never thought was possible. you can’t help yourself as I scratch into your skin with my eyes closed, the water rushing in, unearthing both of us.


somewhere in the middle we sigh so loud as we keep our backs straight, staring right into and out of time. something breaks in our voices. a laughter so genuine, so real, so wild. we laugh for minutes at a time, dodging your hand slipping into mine, and your jaw dropping watching the sunrise in my eyes. we laugh in disbelief, our hearts clenching and twisting for one more miracle, one more drop of comfort to ease into surrender.


and now that’s you, the child in my arms. the softness beneath everything that you are. the drop in the entire ocean that holds the sacredness of the entire universe. oh, how I love you. how I adore you. how I worship God’s light beaming into every heart beat of yours, its oceans pouring into mine. 


dissolving into you, in time, my love. in uninterrupted devotion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a letter to my father.

Sitting With Myself.

a goodbye’s grief.

Enrapturing Highlights of 2023.

a letter you never read.