Broken Believers


The sky has clouded upon me, 
Though I’m longing for hope, 
In the sun rays, 
In the visible paths of our home. 
This world shall give us, 
More than we need, 
If we wait to see, 
What falls in place, 
In time. 

I overwhelm my mind, 
With perplexing shadows of life; 
The broken believers, 
And their faded dreams, 
Gave up before they reached the shore. 
Today is never the last page, 
To judge upon losing hope, 
For the mornings shall always unravel more. 

Dandelions I picked, 
And blew away, 
Wished for my heart to forever remain, 
Strong to believe, 
Them magical dreams. 
There are days, perhaps like today, 
Where the world conceals, 
And hides within. 
I let it be, 
For it needs the time, 
And I need the mystery.

All is well, 
Never mind the tired eyes. 
At night I shall sleep, 
And leave it behind. 
Though it hurts to dream, 
Of broken believers, 
I need not them, 
Following me. 

I promise to speak of hope, 
To speak of love, 
Even when the sky decides, 
It should not. 
Helplessly I will remain, 
Who I want to be, 
And I know it’s well, 
For you will find me, 
Wherever in this world I’ll be.


Admitting that faith and hope can be faulty at times is perhaps a part of the journey that unravels the imperfections which adorn our lives.

Illustrated by: the wonderful Nada M. Fahmi.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a letter to my father.

Sitting With Myself.

a goodbye’s grief.

Enrapturing Highlights of 2023.

a letter you never read.