You Are Imperfect.


I realised, how royal the imperfections draping our bodies were. Here you are, touching my bare skin, your eyes radiating a love so warm and so sparkly that it makes my heart glow and it kind of numbs the pain you cause me, with both of our skinny bodies, bones laying on bones. My insecurities pop up in my mind every once in a while, my body too bad in shape, my breath not fresh enough, and the way I probably look when you're gazing at me in that elevated angle. I know I look awful, but you're smiling, and your white teeth just look so perfect that I wonder how anything can be so beautiful. My heart is beating wildly, and my cheeks are turning crimson with pure, crude joy. I love you. I love you so much. And perhaps I added too much salt in dinner today, misspelled the word 'desert' while I was in class and most probably, you forgot to straighten the tyres of the car while parking, didn't brush your hair properly before work.. and then I wondered, with all these imperfections, these flaws, these mistakes, how can our love be so perfect? How can I see nothing but flawlessness in your eyes while you're looking at me like that? Why do I believe you when you whisper to my ear each break of dawn that I'm so beautiful? Even when I wake up looking like a corpse, with my hair tossed in weird directions.

Maybe it's because I love you so much. And maybe it's because my heart knows where it's supposed to be. Maybe it's because the imperfections that hold us just make a way for these unearthly values to be pulled to humanity's hearts. Maybe that's how we are.

I just never cherished my imperfections, but once I knew love was able to fit right there, I love each and every flaw. They're too meaningful for my meagre capabilities to actually understand how they work, how they beget this boundless magic.

There's mystery in each and every particle in you, darling.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a letter to my father.

Sitting With Myself.

a goodbye’s grief.

Enrapturing Highlights of 2023.

a letter you never read.